Skip to content

General

121 results found

1. Enable quick context-sensitive menu that pops up when something is highlighted, like in MS Word

When I select text with my cursor in Gospel Library for Windows, it gives me no immediate options without first selecting the hamburger menu. It's just an extra click. Could we not make it to be similar in concept to how it's evolved in some word processors, where a context-sensitive menu pops up as soon as you highlight text (select text with the cursor)? No need to then select a hamburger for the most popular actions - they are immediately available in a limited, down-scaled set of options. Sure, you can expand that by hitting the hamburger to see all.…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. add closed captioning to the Windowsapp and add content level support

add closed captioning to the Windowsapp AND add content level support

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add quick link on home page

On the home page add two links titled “Temple and Family History (Name of ward) Plan” and
    (Name of ward) Mission Plan.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sunday program and lesson features on the home screen. Like the mobile apps do now.

Leaders can add meeting hynns, class lessons, etc. This functionality is in the mobile apps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring back notebook selection dropdown menu when saving a note

Prior to a recent update, when saving a note to a notebook, a dropdown menu allowed you to scroll through the notebooks to select which one(s) to save the note in. However, now the dropdown menu has been replaced with a search bar. Start typing the desired notebook and then relevant notebooks come up to be selected. However, I have lots of notebooks and I can't remember all of them. Keeping the dropdown menu is very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide links on the home page for the EQ/RS lessons. That option is on the mobile app, but not on the Windows app.

I would lke to see the individual selected lessons for EQ and RS on the home page. That would make studying on the Windows app (laptop and/or desktop PC) much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. version 6

Primeramente muchisimas gracias por la aplicación que me ayuda a estudiar todas las mañanas,
    y segundo comentar que en esta ultima actualización, la app. TARDA DEMASIADO REALMENTE DEMASIADO , en marcar y subrayar, anotar notas, cargar los marcadores y visualizarlos.

bueno quizá esta información les sirva, gracias de antemano por la atención a este mensaje.

Saludos

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. provide more context for links to non-downloaded content

I love the links. Thank you. I find that I often run into references to older talks, I dig those up, and then put in links to them in my scripture study. Great! However, when the Gospel Library app gets reset or whatever and I have to go re-download my content, I run into a problem. It happens consistently. Links won't work to content that isn't downloaded. And, the link itself provides zero context about where it is supposed to be connected, so it's really hard for me to even know what content I need to go download in order…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to search/filter by multiple tags (like Evernote)

As part of Gospel study, I create meaningful tags. Some tags are reflections of what doctrine/principle I have identified (faith, repentance, etc.). Other tags are to identify speakers (RMN - Russell M. Nelson, DHO - Dallin H. Oaks). Others are to identify a type of content (story, testimony, etc.) Other tags are reflective of the venue (GC - General Conference, Liahona - the Church's magazine, Ensign - the old magazine).

Being able to filter by multiple tags at the same time would be incredibly powerful. If I am preparing a talk/preparing a lesson/answering a question and I want to filter…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the user to specify the download location for books and other resource material

The Gospel Library downloaded resource materials (books, magazines, talks) can potentially be detrimental to the space left on a critical system startup hard drive. Moreover, users often have alternative storage on other hard drives on a desktop computer or flash drives on a mobile device. Why not provide a simple option that would allow the user to designate the location and folder where the downloaded resources are saved?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the user to edit the drop down list for recent searches

In the rush to perform a search, user often misspell a word or search phrase. The problem is that the misspelled term is useless but continues to plaque the list forever. We have used other programs that allow the user to edit the 'recent searches' list. The best implementation we have seen is a small icon next to each item in the dropdown list that allows the user to delete the entry if desired. The feature is pretty innocuous since a deleted entry can added by simply doing another search on the same term.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search for notebooks by typing notebook title

When navigating to the most recently created notebook, for instance, sometimes it is difficult to scroll all the way down to the end of the drop-down menu.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. implement tab grouping

I realize this may be difficult, or just complicate the user interface, but hear me out: For those that have a lot of tabs and tend to switch between various study approaches on different days, and don't want to close tabs that may be related to other study methods (think: I am studying the words of Christ today, or studying for a Gospel Doctrine Lesson on D&C tomorrow, or getting ready for a ministering message to some families...), it would be awesome to be able to group tabs such as become recently more common in modern web browsers. Let me…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Alphabetized menus for faster Study Guide navigation

For example, the windows version of the Bile Dictionary is displayed as a wall of text where the only navigation option is to scroll down, which takes a lot of time to reach Z from A. If a floating alphabetized hotlink menu on the right side of the Dictionary and other study helps could be implemented it would allow much faster times to research topics.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Close disappearing playback window when "Audio" button is pressed again

Close playback window when "Audio" button is pressed a second time.

I love the new audio button feature that fades in and out when I move your cursor. However, after I press the "Audio" button once to start playback, the whole playback options window appears every time I move my mouse, which can get annoying after I finish the playback. I just wish I could press the audio button again to close the playback and not have that additional window pop up every time I move my cursor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make two-way hyperlinks

I like the idea of making a popup window button with all two-way hyperlinks in it at the end of verses & paragraphs in all the GL materials. This would make gospel studies and class participation easier. For instance, if you can't remember a talk, but remember a verse associated with it, you can go to the hyperlink popup window on that verse and look through an index of hyperlinks until you spot the talk. You can then click on it, and it takes you to a paragraph that contains the information you need. I've been creating my own links…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Toggled highlight light gray (or other color) every other line for readability

Keep track of which line I'm reading on a computer screen is much easier if every other row has a noticeably different background/highlight. I know other people would also benefit from this because automatically highlighting every other row has been option on Excel and similar programs for years.

I think light gray would be a good default color (or dark gray for dark modes) since this would not conflict with the vast majority of highlighting schemes. The toggle and color selection could be placed next to the hide annotations option so users can turn off their highlights if they do…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the reference sidebar in all its contents and not only in the canonical books

When I am reading a canonical book, for example Mormon's book, I have the option to press in the blue words and instantly appears on the right side of the screen the text of the reference. But the same does not happen in manuals, as for example, see me; since when pressing there the blue letters does not display a sidebar with the content of the reference, but takes me to the full page to read and it is something tedious to have to go to another page and then press the return button to continue The content I was…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?