Skip to content

General

120 results found

1. Sync tabs between devices.

The ability to have your tabs and synced between all devices that share an account so you can move from one device to another without having to find all your spots again.

143 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Print, download, export, and backup for notes, notebooks, and annotations

While we cannot speak for others, the lack of an export feature has been a major barrier to our adoption of the Gospel Library application as the main tool for our gospel study, especially of the scriptures.

Many consider their collection of personal notes a treasure of gospel study discoveries and personal insights. The ability to independently export or download, backup, print, read, edit, and use their own personal cross-referenced library of notes, as an independent document, would be an incredible addition to the Gospel Library application on all platforms.

Such features addressing versatility and security, common to so many…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 pages

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 that is big enough to show scripture pages side by side. I'd like to be able to show 2 pages of scriptures side by side when looking at the screen in landscape mode, instead of one big page. It's easier to read if you don't have to read all the way across the whole screen, then try to find the next line when you have to look all the way back to the other side of the screen. I'd even like it more if it could show the 2 pages laid out as…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We had this tentatively planned on our roadmap and still feel it is a great idea, but recently our small volunteer team has been overwhelmed with other priorities. Hopefully we can revisit this in the future.

4. Custom Color/Style Labels

When selecting the colors to highlight or underline, it would be extremely useful to be able to assign labels for them to help customize the functionality on a personal level. For instance when highlighting, selecting the highlight from the drop down, it would pull up a list of the colors that I have chosen, and next to each color would be a subject title that I have assigned.

This would make studies easier and more efficient because they would then be able to make more sense on a personal level and be able to allow us to see things in…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ward Bulletin

The ability for ward leaders to communicate with the ward.

Example: share lesson notes, meeting minutes, Come Follow Me assignments and followups, activity times & locations, announcements, etc.

This feature might seem difficult to implement, but it is actually rather simple. Add a section on the Library home screen called, "Ward & Stake," similar to the "Personal" section that exists, currently. Subsections could be Elder's Quorum, Relief Society, Youth, Ward Mission, etc. Now, instead of syncing only with one's own account, query the LDS member directory database for a list of all members of the Ward or Stake and their…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pen-Written Notes (Inside Note Canvas)

So I figured out a good way to implement the use of the Pen for Surface Devices. Allow writability in the notes that you can already create as you read. This way you can still write to your heart's content and not mess with the app. All written material will be self contained within the notes.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although we still need to get support from the Annotations web service and implementation on iOS and Android devices (so that they can read those notes), we do like this idea and will keep it in mind as we continue development of v4 (the Windows 10 UWP version of the app).

7. Opened collections on homescreen

The ability to have a collection open on the homescreen so that you can customize what is visible and all easily accessible.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Boolean Functionality in Searches

Include the ability to use Boolean operators in search, like AND or OR.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to share a bookmark with others.

This would have to incorporate some sort of social networking structure, but it would be really neat if I could share bookmarks or notes with others. It would especially be neat if everyone in my family could share a bookmark for family scripture study.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Navigate to next/previous chapter by tapping left/right side of screen like kindle paperwhite.

I find the swipe action requires a very vigorous swipe, on my Lumia 640 at any rate. Its a bit more distracting too. A tap on the side like you can do with the kind e-readers would be a simpler approach.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put JST verses under King James verses

I would like to see the JST verses beneath the regular King James verses governed by a toggle of some sort in settings. Perhaps the JST verses could be set apart by color or font or formatting. I like having the JST as a link but not all are linked and the differences aren't necessarily easy to understand.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow an "introduction" note to be entered before the selection

I prepare lessons using the app. I would like to be able to place the note prior to the selection. Placing the note prior to the selection acts as an introduction to the selection that is helpful for creating lessons or to act as reminders of what to look for the next time I read the selection as part of my personal scripture study.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Memorization Flash Cards

The ability to select a verse or paragraph and add it to a memorization bank. Then there would be a "memorize" section in the app that creates a flash card from the verses or paragraphs you have selected so you can easily study and memorize scriptures for future use in times of need.

I'm sure youth and children would enjoy this feature as well as they could use it to help memorize articles of faith in primary or scripture mastery in seminary.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manage Deleted Annotations (Effectively, Undo)

A means of managing deleted annotations so that accidentally deleted notes, highlights, bookmarks, and more, can be restored.

Original Suggestion:
    How about an undo button? I accidentally erased a marking that had an annotation with some copied quotes from leaders in it. I cannot duplicate the annotation as the original was done a year ago.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Organizing Annotations

We need to be able to reorder annotations within a chapter or verse. In a verse, for example, the first annotation shows up last, etc. Each additional annotation is added to the top of the list.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Closed Captioning for Videos

Please add captioning for the videos since I cant hear or make out the words. Thanks.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content, and this feature would require content-level support. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

If, in the future, captions become available for inclusion in the application, we will revisit this suggestion.

17. Create a "Study Sets" feature in the Gospel Library applications

There is a feature on the Gospel Library website where you can save annotations to different study sets. This feature should be included in all applications. Since bulk deleting of annotations is not encouraged, the study sets feature would be helpful to organize different "periods of study" throughout your life. How I study the scriptures in seminary is very different than how I study the scriptures as a parent. This Study set feature is a seamless way to compartmentalize studies for different purposes.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create notes or tags that cover multiple non-contiguous verses

In a similar way as to how the church has made it so you can click on a single link/reference to a non-contiguous set of scripture verses and go there, showing highlight over only the verses that were referenced, could we do the same in a note or tag? Allow some aspect of the interface that would allow you to say that this tag applies over versus 2,4,5, but not 3? Etc? That would be nice.

Example of an existing reference like this: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/68.25,27?lang=eng

I'd like to make a note/tag that highlights and applies D&C 68:25,27, but not 26. I…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto save notes

As a user types notes to prevent loss in the case of battery failure auto save the notes. You could use simple debounce logic and if the user pauses for a brief moment save (like 3-5 sec). If a user is able to continuously type for prolong periods of time save after a longer period to prevent sluggish choppy behavior.

Time to wait really depends how long it takes to do the save. if save is so fast it doesn't actually interfere with user experience you can just save every so often like very 5-10 sec.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark footnotes containing specific types of data

On an older version of the scriptures web site, there was a setting available that would mark footnotes (with a dot) that contained a specific type of item, based on your choice using checkboxes. The types would be things such as scripture references, topical guide references, bible dictionary, alternate translations, JST, and other notes (IE, OR, etc.). This was a great feature that I used all the time, especially when studying Isaiah or other books in the old testament to see very quickly which footnotes contained alternate translations, JST, or notes. For the gospel library app, you could use a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6