General

1. Area Plans update

I have noticed that under Area Plans, North America Southeast Area is missing their plan. I live in this area and know that we have had a plan a couple of years ago and just wanted an update.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. soporte escrituras usuarios app windows 8.1 (solo libros canonicos)

existen usuarios que no pueden migrar a windows 10, pedimos soporte para descargar catalogo solo de libros canonicos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Download notebooks and and print all my notes together not individually.

I don't see any options on the church site to download all the notes. I'd like to have all my notebooks to be exported or printed at once so I can share them with others. If there is a place to download all the notebook contents, please provide a link. Thank you,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Study Plans

Add Study Plans to the Windows-based Gospel Library. Sync it between devices. Make it an integral part of Gospel Library on any OS. I formatted my phone and had to reinstall the Gospel Library, by doing so, I lost my study plans and had to start over again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we plan to implement Study Plans in the future, syncing to LDS.org and between platforms is not in our hands. The Church’s internal developers will need to work out syncing for Study Plans, at which time, we’ll sync when they do.

5. Include Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part A and Part B

In Handbook 2:Administering the Church, 7.6.2 "Helping Prospective Elders Prepare to Receive the Melchizedek Priesthood" it states the following:
    Resources to help prospective elders prepare to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood may include the following:

Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part A, lessons 1–4 and 9
    Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part B, lessons 1–6.

These resources, however, are not available in the Gospel Library app (at least, not that I can find). They ought to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow jump to page

Jump to page number in scriptures or other static content. It would be nice to be able to jump to a page number in the gospel library. If this is a feature it’s hard to find how to do it. There are times when someone if referring to a page number (specifically in the Leader handbooks) and being able to jump to that page would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search Shorthand

On Android and iOS you can search "n37" and it pulls up "1 Nephi 3:7", "2 Nephi 3:7", "3 Nephi 3:7".

It's really nice how fast it is to search things that way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "view" icon for user-created links

One thing that would be incredibly helpful would be if the user-created links could include a way to tap and view the linked text the same way the footnotes do (ie. the little eye symbol to the right of the footnote reference link), rather than having to jump to the actual location of the link. That would allow for viewing of linked scriptures and other content (as can be done from iOS and Android versions) from the current location, which would be a big benefit for study.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Organizing Annotations

We need to be able to reorder annotations within a chapter or verse. In a verse, for example, the first annotation shows up last, etc. Each additional annotation is added to the top of the list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option for Larger Size of Panes and Other App Elements

For the references pane, for example, please allow for the on-screen font size to be made larger either by pinch zoom or switch in behavior settings. Maybe 24 point or a little larger by switch or pinch zoom to make of 30 point

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lock Screen Feature

Make lds gospel library available as a lock screen similar to where bing cycles through pictures of the day, you could do temples of the day

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Talk writing tool

I would love to have the ability to prepare a talk using Gospel Library. I would like to type a paragraph. Look for a quote, scripture, or talk and then copy the portion I would like to use for my talk. Then paste it and automatic show the link where it was quoted from. Continue doing this until a talk is completed.

The ability to do this will be very useful for missionaries. Missionaries could think of a difficult question investigators ask and then answer it using this method.

If there a tool already available in Gospel Library I would…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bookmark Groups

It would be great if I could group or categorize my bookmarks. I could have a group of bookmarks for the lesson I'm working on and a separate group for scriptures I've memorized, etc. It would make it easier to look for the bookmark I want in a long list.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlighting box option: Add an option to put a box around a section of text

Add the ability to put a box around a section of text. This would be especially useful if one could also underline key words within the box.
    Example: I would like to put a box around the parable of the Good Samaritan but then just underline the one key word Samaritan.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At present, this feature is not possible for us to implement because the annotations web service (to which we must sync so that your annotations are available on iOS, Android, and LDS.org) doesn’t support it. If that changes in the future, we’ll revisit this suggestion.

15. Share Links with Others

I think it would be awesome if you could share cross references with others in a sort of scripture study social media network.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Making Line Connections

On my physical scriptures I like to make lines between verses in order to connect ideas. Is it possible to duplicate this function in the app?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offline media and multimedia management

The ability to download audio and video for offline use and the ability to watch videos not embedded into content, like General Conference talks.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Navigate to next/previous chapter by tapping left/right side of screen like kindle paperwhite.

I find the swipe action requires a very vigorous swipe, on my Lumia 640 at any rate. Its a bit more distracting too. A tap on the side like you can do with the kind e-readers would be a simpler approach.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Color/Style Labels

When selecting the colors to highlight or underline, it would be extremely useful to be able to assign labels for them to help customize the functionality on a personal level. For instance when highlighting, selecting the highlight from the drop down, it would pull up a list of the colors that I have chosen, and next to each color would be a subject title that I have assigned.

This would make studies easier and more efficient because they would then be able to make more sense on a personal level and be able to allow us to see things in…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories