Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Continuous play of Conference talks speakers.

Choose a continuous playlist of General Authority talks. Currently, you can choose a speaker and a list of their talks will come up, but it is not a continuous play feature. It will simply go to the next talk in that particular conference. I listen to talks while I run and ride my bike. It would be nice to just turn on iPhone and listen continuously.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Regrettably our volunteer Windows platform team has no ability to provide functionality for your iPhone.

We like the idea of a custom playlist, but again if ever implemented, we would only be able to do it on your Windows device.

2. Limit overall votes per idea but not for all ideas combined

Your best suggestions and voting activity are going to come from a rather small population of your users. Most of these users are responsible people who provide thoughtful feedback. We can certainly understand limiting the number of votes for any single idea to prevent unrepresentative votes.

One the other hand, we do not understand the policy of limiting a user from voting for as many separate suggestions as they may feel are meaningful. Likewise, there doesn’t seem to be a reason for limiting the number of enhancement requests made by a responsible single user who is submitting useful ideas. Your…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Limit votes but not the number of enhancement suggestions

Why link the number of enhancement requests to votes for other ideas? We can understand preventing someone from flooding the community with unrepresentative votes, but we don’t particularly understand limiting a reasonable number of enhancement requests by someone with excellent insights into the application design.

In our case, we prefer to accumulate and submit our enhancement requests in batches. This is not only more efficient, but also prevents us from quickly posting a suggestion for which we later find a solution that eliminates the need to post. We generally try to be reasonable and seldom post more than maybe 5-10…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search_ Functionality to search for, and display, multiple scripture references with one search

I would like to be able to search / display multiple scriptures (for example the following entry from the Bible Dictionary entry for Charity: (1 Cor. 8:1; 13:1–4, 8; 13; 14:1; Moro. 7:47).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the topical guide work the same as it does on the IOS app.

The topical guide is almost unusable in its current format in this windows version of the software. Topics load very slowly. On the IOS app all topics seem ready to be selected the moment I use the topical guide.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have my notes and markings transfer between languages.

Have my notes and markings transfer between languages. I read in English and Spanish. I would like my highlights, tags, references, and notes to be present in Spanish from my English version. I am not expecting to translate the notes, but it would be nice to have my highlights, tags, references, and notes be present in Spanish. For example, if I highlighted the first 1/3 of a verse in English, when I switch to Spanish, the first 1/3 of a verse would be highlighted in Spanish and my notes and links would be present when I clicked the highlight. If…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The structure of the content provided by the Church does not really allow for making these marks match up across languages. Cool idea but incredibly difficult to implement. With current content structure not even really possible.

7. Leave all students institute and seminary manuals in the gospel library including old versions unless there is updated replacement..

I noticed that the D&C student manual was removed from the gospel library. I am a Seminary teacher and I often refer to the student institute manuals because they are a great resource for quotes and further insights that are not included in the teacher's versions of the institute or seminary manuals.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This UserVoice supports the volunteer developed Windows application. User content is developed and organized by the Church. We have no control over how they classify or organize. Please contact the main help desk to request changes to the content the application receives.

8. place Seminary and Institute back under one heading. with the last change I have to go to three different places to get all that I need.

place all the seminary and Institute topics/manuals, training resources, devotionals etc... all under one topic instead of making us guess which place you put it. Today they were moved so that I had to go to three different places to get what I needed. that is terribly annoying.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This UserVoice supports the volunteer developed Windows application. User content is developed and organized by the Church. We have no control over how they classify or organize. Please contact the main help desk to request changes to the content the application receives.

9. create a way to chose which notebooks to view in the ios version of this app.

It would be nice to be able to hide notebooks on my iPhone or iPad like I can do on my Windows PC and only use the notebook I'm currently working in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "add to clipboard" in the share screen

I was writing an email and wanted to include a link from the Gospel Library. I navigated to it then clicked Share but it only offers OneNote and Mail.

I just wanted a link put on my clipboard so that I could copy/paste, not to create a new email that I'd copy/paste from then delete.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BYU Speeches Integration

Be able to study/annotate BYU speeches in the Gospel Library App.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are dependent on the Brethren to approve what content we put in Gospel Library. The volunteer Windows development team does not have influence on this process. If the Brethren ever do decide to integrate BYU speeches into Gospel Library we will definitely try to support it in the Windows version. 

12. Transcripts for training videos

I found a video (Library > Handbooks and Callings > Member and Leadership Responsibilities > Elders Quorum and Relief Society). When the church generates new videos like this, a transcript would be helpful for quick review.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are just the humble volunteer programmers for the Gospel Library for Windows app. The Church chooses which content to publish and if it includes a transcript. Maybe reach out to the publishing department of the Church if you have suggestions?

13. Additional Marking options

It would be awesome if we could have more options to mark than just highlight and underline. Boxing text or whole verses... Bolding words or phrases... Connecting words or phrases in different verses with a line etc...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The annotation options we provide have to be supported on all platforms including Android and iOS as well as Windows. We consume a Church provided service that dictates what those options are. As a Windows team we are unable to create options that cannot be synced to the other platforms.

14. A better English speaker. The American english speakers pronounce some things so badly that it detract from the scriptures.

Get some better English speakers. The American English speakers pronounce some things so badly that it detracts from the scriptures.

It may sound petty, but it is a real issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are just the volunteer programmers for Gospel Library for Windows. The Church chooses which readers to publish. Maybe reach out to the publishing department of the Church if you have some suggestions there.

15. switch to Electron

While I understand you have worked ******* the Windows 10 version of the Gospel Library app, I think starting fresh with Electron may be a good idea. If you do not know what Electron is, it is a framework for multi-platform desktop apps using web technologies (As in the program is mostly written in HTML5 standards, with a framework to access system APIs and other things. It handles most stuff for you, though.). It might be easier to set up Gospel Library and manage it in that form, not to mention that you could have Gospel Library for Mac and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Back button suggestion

Could the back button in the Gospel Library app for windows also close out of a video when clicked? video kept playing when I backed out

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The entire Chapters of Book of Mormon are in all Female Voice only, dont exist the entire chapter in male voice. Spanish Version.

Hi, i suggest that the Spanish Voice Scripture version I could hear in male voice the entire Chapter 11, 12, 13 of 3 Nephi (Jesus Sayings).
    Many Chapter in Spanish Versión are only in femme voice, please.

I dont feel the sayings of Jesus or Moroni if it is in only femme voice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are just the humble volunteer programmers for the Gospel Library for Windows app. The Church chooses which content to publish. Maybe reach out to the publishing department of the Church if you have suggestions?

18. gospel art

I would love to be able to link pictures like from the gospel art kit (as well as others) to specific stories in the scriptures.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Area Plans update

I have noticed that under Area Plans, North America Southeast Area is missing their plan. I live in this area and know that we have had a plan a couple of years ago and just wanted an update.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part A and Part B

In Handbook 2:Administering the Church, 7.6.2 "Helping Prospective Elders Prepare to Receive the Melchizedek Priesthood" it states the following:
    Resources to help prospective elders prepare to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood may include the following:

Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part A, lessons 1–4 and 9
    Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood, Part B, lessons 1–6.

These resources, however, are not available in the Gospel Library app (at least, not that I can find). They ought to be.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Church leadership determines what content is available. Gospel Library for Windows team is unable to provide other content. Call the global service desk to put this request to Church leadership.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base