Skip to content

General

139 results found

1. Continuous play for scriptures and conference

I see no way to do continuous play like we do on the phone app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

To do so click on the the media tab. The 3rd button over gives you continuous play.

2. Please bring back the voices of real people reading the content!

I opened the app on my desktop hoping to hear the lesson. Not only is it a robotic voice (that doesn't know the difference between record, a verb and record, a noun. In addition, the content is covered so I can't read along. I do this to keep myself from reading too fast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To see all audio voice options please click on the Media Tab. If no voice is available other than the computer voice it is because the Church just hasn't published it for this particular piece of content. Where a natural person recording is available it will be displayed.

3. Make it possible to search for a word, or a short phrase that exactly matches the query, using quotation marks

Make it possible to search for a word, or a short phrase that exactly matches the query, using quotation marks. For example "prophets", or "the valley of Lemuel".
    Currently, as EXPRESSION EXACTE, we find all kinds of proposals, which do not respect exactly the word searched. For example "accountable" gives results like: account / accounted / accountable / accountability.
    For a searched sentence, we are offered a large number of verses containing the words of the sentence in the wrong order. The addition of quotation marks should be an option to allow a stricter search, limited only to the requested…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update style of app to match windows 11 design guidlines (mica, acrylic, winui 3.x)

App has begun to look quite out of date (some areas more than others, like notebook). A visual refresh with current WinUI design would give it a better appearance, and possible allow for UX improvements that would enhance the overall usage of the app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on much of this redesign request in UserVoice in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

We will continue to evolve the Windows 11 design features as Microsoft delivers on fully functional controls that incorporate these new design principles. For example, mica does not work for some of the controls we have to use today but as Microsoft finishes their rollout of the controls we will continue to review for inclusion.

5. Tag Search on Windows

The Windows app searches by the first word in the tag, rather than searching anywhere in the tag. So if you have the tag "Oath and Covenant of Priesthood" then in Windows you can't find it by searching "Priesthood". You would have to search for "Oath". Chrome OS searches the entire tag for the string. So in Windows it's harder to find your tags when you can't remember the exact name you gave them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

6. Enable links to other Gospel Library content within Journal Entries

Within a journal entry I would like to be able to add a link to other content in Gospel Library, such as scriptures, conference talks, magazine articles, videos, etc. Right now I can only add a hyperlink to a URL, not to other GL content.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Journal entries are unique from other annotations. Journal entries are not directly linked to the content. That makes it impossible to do it in the same way you can with a highlight. However, if you copy the content with the cross reference information a link is automatically created that you can paste into the text of the journal entry. That allows you to link to gospel library content in the same way you link to any other linkable content outside of Gospel Library.

7. Add PC playlist functionality

Please add playlist functionality to the PC version of the Hymn app in Gospel Library. I enjoy it on my phone, but I spend more time on PC and would like to turn on a playlist and have it run continuously like I can do on my phone.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the newest version of the media player (not the quick audio button but the play/download button) one of the buttons on the bottom of the player is called continuous play. This will allow you to play the next piece of content. So in the hymns it will play the next hymn and the next and the next and have it run continuously. Sorry it is limited to the order the hymns are in the hymnal.

8. Search GC by Speaker & Topic on Windows App

Please add the feature to sort General Conference talks by Speaker & by Topic to the Windows App version of Gospel Library like you can on the mobile version.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. interface language

Fighting with UI language. Somehow my UI is in FRENCH in an English windows installed computer... I can choose content language but have not found where to change interface content.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow ability to add notes, links, etc, to an existing highlight

Currently (unless I'm missing something), if you've already highlighted some text, you can change from highlight to underline (or vice a versa), change the color, or change the size. However, you can't add a note, tag, or link to that same highlight, and if you want to add those, you have to re-create it with everything you want.

In contrast, in the Android version, if you tap an existing highlight, the context menu popup affects that highlight, giving you full functionality to add all these supported extras more seamlessly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability to deselect all visible notebooks

The visible notebooks menu has a "View all" checkbox. Perhaps adding a "View none" checkbox would be helpful as well to help with deselecting large numbers of notebooks for a clean view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. provide a way to search conference talks by speaker, just like in the mobile app

The mobile app allows you to search conference talks by speaker, extend the Windows app to do the same thing.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Windows "mark, copy & paste" functionality to work in Gospel Library

When reviewing conference talks, marking, copying & pasting always includes the source material. It would be nice if the Windows "mark, copy, paste" functionality would also work. This would eliminate the need to delete the source identification when it is not needed... ie, pulling multiple quotes while preparing a lesson on the talk. automatically included in the paste

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make notes stay in same place when switching tabs (Windows)

I have multiple tabs open because I was copying and pasting from/to notes. But, every time I navigate away from a Notes tab it ALWAYS switches back to Highlights requiring me to find the note again and reopen it. Could you make it so that it stays where I leave, at least during the current session?

NOTE: The same behavior occurs if a Notes tab is currently set to any of the sub-tabs other than Highlights (i.e. Notes, Links, Journal Entries, Tags, or Notebooks). It always reverts to Highlights whenever I switch tabs (and in some other scenarios as well).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow multiple sets of each book of scripture

One advantage of the physical scriptures is that you can buy a new Book or Mormon and dedicate that specific book to a study on a certain topic, then get another and focus on a different subject. Thus your highlights in each book are specific to the subject you focused on for the book. If I try to do that in the Gospel library I end up overwhelmed by different color highlights everywhere and it gets really messy. If I could have separate copies of scripture that I could label for a specific study that would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The notebooks feature (sometimes called folders) allows for this.

Step 1: Create a new notebook, say BookofMormon2023

Step 2: Change the visible notebooks to ONLY show that notebook

Step 3: Set your default notebook to that notebook whenever reading the BookofMormon in 2023 so that any new highlights, notes, and etc. will be in that notebook. 

Later, you can change any and all of that. Even someday showing all of the notebooks you have created over the years and be truly overwhelmed by the notes you have made.

16. Maintain location when opening a link in a new tab

When you open a link in a new tab (at least, from the Come, Follow Me manual), and then return to the original tab, you're taken back to the top of the page. This defeats some of the benefit of opening a link in a new tab (i.e., part of why we open in a new tab is so we can easily return to where we were).

It would be nice if opening new content in a new tab didn't "lose your place" on the original tab.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fix version date for 5.2.0

Currently displayed as
    Version 5.2.0 [2020-01-14]
    instead of
    Version 5.2.0 [2021-01-14]

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have multiple copies of scriptures/books

Every so often, I love to get new copies of the scriptures to put new highlights/notes and insights. It would be great to have gospel library to have this option where you could have multiple "sets" of scriptures and they would all have different notes/highlights.

With this option you could even have the option to enable/disable a select option to display one or more of those sets at various times. For example, if I had 4 sets within gospel library, and I had notes and highlights for my most current set of scriptures, but I was peparing for a talk…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already available. I have copied what is below from the help file available in the Library. You can learn more from reading there or even watch the attached video.

Chapter 9: How Do I Work With Notebooks?

Using a Notebook to Create a Clean Set of Scriptures to Mark Up

There are times when you want to start over again with a fresh set of scripture with none of your past annotations. You may then start to mark them over again. This may be done in an exercise to find scriptures that talk about Christ. This can be done with the following steps (using descriptions from the previous sections of this chapter).

Start a new notebook as described in the ‘Create a New Notebook’ section. Show only this notebook by deselecting all other notebooks and selecting only this newly created notebook as described in the ‘Visible Notebook’…

19. Save date stamp history within notes/keep stamp for minor corrections too

I like how notes have a date stamp now (great job) and I would love the additional feature that when you edit a note, it would save the original date stamp and add a new one. For example if added a note to a highlight back in 2016, and if I wanted to add new insight to that same note, it would be great to have additional date stamps within notes. So one note could have x# of date stamps.

Tied into this request is the ability to make corrections to notes and have it prompt you to ask if…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Gospel Library Instances/Monitor Support

This suggestion will support people that have multiple displays or larger displays that want to do more than the included split-screen within gospel library.

If you open more than one instance of gospel library (for example on a second monitor) all of the icons are missing. It reminds me of the same bug that iOS has had for years where if you ever are offline for more than X# of days (e.g. 20) it looses the cache of all the images for the categories.

For those with larger displays or multiple displays, it would be great to be able to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?