Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Remove all highlighting to start fresh

Every time I start the scriptures a new time I like to start without any pre-conceived ideas on what scriptures stood out to me the last time I read. I would like to be able to UN-highlight all previous highlighting to start fresh each time. However, because my scriptures are connected to my sign-in, no matter what device I use, I have the same highlighting. Is it possible to easily remove? I know I can remove highlights by re-highlighting what is there and choosing the trash can, but because I highlight single words or phrases I have to go through…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature already exists. Use the Visible Notebooks feature to get a fresh copy of the scriptures when you want one. If later down the line you’d like to see old notes and highlights, you can turn them back on again.

2. the color wheel for highlighting is slow cumbersome ,there are too many steps just give us a right click to choose a color.

the color wheel for highlighting is slow cumbersome ,there are too many steps just give us a right click to choose a color. just do it like the Kindle app, so much quicker, less steps, faster

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The LDS.org Annotations Web Service doesn’t support images (supporting them would require exponentially more space than plain text stored now). As we don’t control it, we wouldn’t be able to make the necessary changes to be able to add such a feature to Gospel Library for Windows anyway.

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature already exists. Both Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x (the legacy app) and the beta app (version 3.x, also known as Gospel Library for Windows 10) already support inline web page links.

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Mass Highlight Removal

Allow people to mass delete highlights. Just because some one MIGHT accidentally delete their highlights is not reason to deny others flexibility in how the use their highlights. Visible Notebooks doesn't really allow permanent removal. Build whatever safeguards you think are wise, but don't take agency away,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show a help icon on navigation bar

It would be great to have the help icon on the side navigation bar rather than in the content window. When first using the program it took me a while to work out where the help content was. It seemed logical to have it on the side bar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. History of the Church periods I-VII

In the history section it be cool to have History of the Church volumes periods I-VII and also Church Alamacs

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As volunteer app developers, we develop the application on Windows, and not the content. Any new content must be generated by the Church’s content team and then provided to the Gospel Library applications and LDS.org.

9. Increase thumbnails size

Like Android because its easy to select. Right now images of categories are too small. Other thing could be keep desing like the windows 10 PC.
    Thanks for keep the app alive because everything it's iOS and Android.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature request.

Use the feedback email in the app to contact support. The link to open the support email is found in the same part of the settings panel where the link for user voice is located.

As noted here previously:

As developers of the application, we’re not the ones who generate the content for the content sources. The content team has yet to update the content source that Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x (and Gospel Library for Android version 3.x) uses. We don’t know when the content team plans to update this older content source. The best solution we can provide for you at this time is to download and install the Windows 10 beta version of the app, as the beta uses a newer content source shared with Gospel Library version 4 for iOS and Android, meaning the new magazines are already available.

You can…

11. Font Size

You need to be able to change the font size for the chapter heading information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Already present in app. The same setting that adjusts the size of regular text in Gospel Library for Windows 10 also adjusts the size of the chapter headings. If you’re running the current version of Gospel Library, it can be found at Settings > Appearance > Text Size.

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the Cover Photos found on Printed Ensign available on the web

Many of the Cover Photos on the printed Ensign are wonderful. I would like to be able to have them available on the computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This UserVoice is for Gospel Library for Windows, not for the web (LDS.org). Additionally, the team of volunteers developing Gospel Library for Windows is separate from the Church’s paid content development team, meaning we don’t control what content is available to our app.

14. The Personal Finances manual is missing from the Self Reliance section!

Please, add the Personal Finances manual to the Self Reliance section, You have all of the other ones except that one!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the supported version of the app (version 4+ for Windows 10), the personal finances manual is located at Library > Self-Reliance > U.S. and Canada > Personal Finances for Self-Reliance. Unsupported legacy versions of the app may not have received and may never receive necessary content updates from the Church’s internal content team for this manual to appear.

To be clear, however, as volunteer app developers, we develop the application on Windows, and not the content. Any new content must be generated by the Church’s content team and then provided to the Gospel Library applications and LDS.org.

15. allow the ability to view the same scripture, or other church resource in multiple languages side by side.

I think that it would be really useful to be able to view a particular item in multiple languages at the same time. For instance being able to see John 3:16 in both English and Spanish at the same time would be very helpful for a better understanding of the Spanish scriptures, but would assist in my learning of a new language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Somehow all the thumbnail immages have dissapeared from my library screen.

Somehow all the thumbnail images have disappeared from the library view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make current month magazines avaialable on tablets and Kindle devices , the same as it is on smart phones. Thank you.

Please make current month magazines available on tablets and Kindle devices, just as they are available in smartphones. This will make implementing the new Relief Society and Priesthood curriculum easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tags in windows version of app

Please make tags available on the windows version of gospel library. It is frustrating to not be able to add them or search those I have added to in gospel library when I am using the app. In reality I would love to you the app for my gospel study as I like format, etc better. The only thing holding me back is the lack of ability to add tags in the windows version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. General Conference October 2017

Update the phone with the most recent General Conference from October 2017.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Content is current on all supported versions of the app, including Gospel Library for Windows 10, version 4+ and Gospel Library for Windows 10 Mobile Beta, version 4+.

The Church’s content team has no plans to support legacy versions of the application with updated content, including Gospel Library for iOS version 3 and lower, Gospel Library for Android, version 3 and lower, Gospel Library for Windows 8.1 version 2 and lower, or Gospel Library for Windows Phone, version 2 and lower.

20. create a button to update the library

In the app many times i didn't find new items, like the new talks from the general conference... With this button we can find a new update with this resource.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General