Skip to content

General

139 results found

1. Merge Tags

I started using Gospel Library years ago, when tags all defaulted to lower case, and you couldn't have a comma in a tag name. Those features have evolved, and I now have a bunch of duplicate tags, like "agency" and "Agency" or "Jesus Christ; Creator"/"Jesus Christ, Creator." I also have some tags that I gave a different name and realized they were the same, like "Welding Link" and "Sealing Chain."

As far as I can tell, there is no way to select two tags and merge them. I would love to have this feature so that I can clean up…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. 

All you have to do is rename a tag to the name you prefer and if that name already exists it will combine them.

Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

2. Allow "Book Chapter:Verse" typed in the search bar to navigate to the reference

It would be more efficient in some circumstances to type a reference in familiar "book chapter: verse" notation than to mouse click to the reference.

For example typing "Mosiah 7:14" in the search bar could either navigate directly to the reference or list this as a high order hit.

Perhaps an implementation could require the user to use a special character or string preceding the reference such as "goto Mosiah &:14"

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add a play all button

This will allow those listening to continue to listen until you stop play in, instead of having to keep going back to search. This benefits those who are listening for hours and those who are driving.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New: Continuous play already does this. You can enable it in the media bar.

Old: The “Keep Playing” feature is being worked on as we speak, and is available in the beta version of the app on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. It is available on both release and beta versions for the phone, though it is not without its bugs.

4. Search Results in Order

When I currently search for a word or phases in the scriptures, the results seem to come back in random order. I would like to see the results come back in the order in which they arise in the scriptures. For example, when I search for the word "heal," the results show in the following order:

1. Bible Map
    2. Bible Map
    3. Bible Map
    4. Bible Photographs
    5. 1 Corinthians 12
    6. 1 Kings 13
    7. 1 Nephi 11
    8. 1 Nephi 17
    9. 1 Peter 2 etc. etc.

What I would like to see is first all the results in the Old Testament (in order), then all…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have updated our search whenever online. Now we use the search service provided by Church HQ. We cannot influence the order the results come to us as speed has been prioritized at the service level and is outside of our control. However, we can provide the user with the ability to sort and filter those results to their preference. In this latest version we provide that capability. It may not be exactly what you describe but it should be a close enough approximation that if you play with those sorting and filtering options we think you can get what you want.

5. Make notes stay in same place when switching tabs (Windows)

I have multiple tabs open because I was copying and pasting from/to notes. But, every time I navigate away from a Notes tab it ALWAYS switches back to Highlights requiring me to find the note again and reopen it. Could you make it so that it stays where I leave, at least during the current session?

NOTE: The same behavior occurs if a Notes tab is currently set to any of the sub-tabs other than Highlights (i.e. Notes, Links, Journal Entries, Tags, or Notebooks). It always reverts to Highlights whenever I switch tabs (and in some other scenarios as well).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

6. Please remove the control dial and implement static controls, similar to that of the android version

The dial control that you have implemented it's a neat gimmick, but it it's not user friendly, it is clunky and difficult to use, requiring to much effort to maneuver through the options.

Having static buttons makes the controls easily accessible and allows for faster and more efficient use of the controls.

Requiring the press and hold option is also a difficult feature because there is no option for some kind of acknowledgement when you have pressed long enough, as nothing changes until after you've released which tends to mean I have to hold for too long because I frequently…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bring back the "swipe to update" feature for bookmarks

In the previous version of Windows Gospel Library, I could swipe the bookmark to the left to update it to the current location. Seems like that disappeared. I really liked it. Now I have to right click, then move over and select "update". More cumbersome for those with a touch interface. Bring back the swipe!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

8. Arrange content in a Notebook

Add a feature in the "Notebooks" tool that allows you to select a note or a reference by tapping in the upper right corner of that note or reference and selecting "move". This would highlight the desired reference and allow you to scroll up and down within the notebook to find where you want to move it. Once you find where you want to move it you could just tap between two existing references/notes and a dialogue box would pop up saying "Move here? yes - no." You select yes and it moves your note or reference to the new…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update. (The design may be different but you can arrange them by clicking and dragging the grab bar on the side of an annotation within a notebook.)

9. Add PC playlist functionality

Please add playlist functionality to the PC version of the Hymn app in Gospel Library. I enjoy it on my phone, but I spend more time on PC and would like to turn on a playlist and have it run continuously like I can do on my phone.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the newest version of the media player (not the quick audio button but the play/download button) one of the buttons on the bottom of the player is called continuous play. This will allow you to play the next piece of content. So in the hymns it will play the next hymn and the next and the next and have it run continuously. Sorry it is limited to the order the hymns are in the hymnal.

10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to link an existing note to other scriptures or reference works

I think the ability to link an existing note to multiple scriptures would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maintain location when opening a link in a new tab

When you open a link in a new tab (at least, from the Come, Follow Me manual), and then return to the original tab, you're taken back to the top of the page. This defeats some of the benefit of opening a link in a new tab (i.e., part of why we open in a new tab is so we can easily return to where we were).

It would be nice if opening new content in a new tab didn't "lose your place" on the original tab.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the ability to edit tag and notebook titles

There does not appear to be a way to edit Tag or Notebook titles once they are created. If you misspell a word in a title it appears your only choice to correct it is to delete the tag or notebook and start over losing all links already attached under that tag or notebook.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save margin size settings

As a user, I would like my margin size settings saved so that when I reopen the app, the margins will be the size that I set previously. Currently, margins return to the default size each time the app is reopened.

I use this in conjunction with columns.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option for opening the app to last viewed or to the home screen.

When I open the windows version it opens automatically to the last viewed. This has caused me problems with the app crashing. I can not find an option to have it open by default to the home screen.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In addition to Highlighting/Underlining, I need a colored bar to the side of the text (less distracting while projecting the app in class)

When I teach I project the App on a screen during class so that the students can follow along easier. The highlighting and underlining is distracting and hard to read for the audience. I need something that will keep the text cleaner. I suggest a colored bar or just a line to the left of the text.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could add thumbnails to the videos.

the thumbnails don't have to be high resolution. But i think it would be more comforatable to look at the list of videos if there were thumbnails. especially for larger screens.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. auto bookmark when screen times out

Somewhere in between the "pin bookmark" and "screen turn off" suggestions, I would like screen to still be able to time out to conserve battery, but open up immediately where I left off without returning to main library. I find that often I'll navigate to a scripture or page in a manual, then listen to the instructor for a few minutes, only to find my phone has timed out and returned the app to the main library screen. It should open back to the last place I was.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resume to last location is already a feature in the app, but a bug has prevented it from working correctly. We believe we have fixed the issue and have released it in the new Beta version. As such, we will close this as a feature idea so you can have your votes back.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base