Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. update the primary manuals

Update the primary manuals to 2018 PLEASE!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All supported versions of the app (version 4.x) have the 2018 manuals, for primary and for other Church auxiliaries. Unsupported versions of the app (version 2 and lower) do not have the means of processing the newer content format the Church distributes its content in. As the Church has decided that it no longer wishes to support that legacy format, the current content available to the unsupported app versions is all that will be available going forward.

2. Put the Notes in Library

I like in the Android version you can access the notes from the library. How come on the windows version you can't. I use the notes a lot write answers to the questions from the study guided. It would be nice to be able to add new notes just as easy on the Windows version as the Android.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add German Bible (Einheitsübersetzung). Is now in iOS app, so rights shouldn't be a problem.

Roaming between platforms only makes sense if they have the same content. I work with iOS Gospel Library (prepare Sunday School lessons etc.) on the train to and from the office. At home, I would love to find that work synchronized on my PC.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As this is a content issue (We and Android use Content Platform 17, but iOS uses a different source), we can’t do anything to fix this issue. The content team will need to push out an update for CP 17 so that Android and Windows will get the new German Bible.

The new Windows 10 version of the app, currently in development, already uses a newer content source and will release with it when it is ready.

4. direct access to my notes and journal in the Library tab.

In the android App I have a tab for my Notes that includes my journal. I don't see that with the windows app. Can we please get that added to the library tab?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Review your declined decision

I really think you should reopen the idea: "In additional to the global search function, provide a local search function which highlights the phrase of interest in the current chapter." Then I could vote for it :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion.

Declined suggestion already exists in the application, in a rough but functional form in version 2.x and in a highly polished form in version 4.×. No further development is planned for version 2.x at this time.

6. Add ability to backup all annotations/ notes

Considering how valuable people consider their annotations, I think it would be nice to be able to have a button to backup all notes/ annotations, then another one to restore from backup. That way, if an app glitches and deletes everything, we can just restore from the backup and pick up where we left off.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Optimize the app to reduce CPU usage when not in use, wastes a lot of battery on a laptop

Optimize the app to reduce CPU usage when not in use, wastes a lot of battery even when not in use

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please report this as a bug to user support via email. The app should be using very little, if any, CPU when not in use. Ensure that you haven’t recently downloaded any content, as the app could be creating indicies for search.

9. Give optimizations for Stylus and Mouse users

There was a feature that I believed was not implemented well, and I had an idea to solve it.
    I often use a surface pen as an input device every time I use the app. When I right-click on a highlight to add a tag, note, etc. it always creates a new highlight because the pen made the input, regardless of whether the pen used a right-click or not. I believe a better method for both stylus and mouse users would be to have a hamburger menu icon; much like the application already uses when you select and drag to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement layers of highlighting and commentary.

It would be like buying a new copy of the scriptures to mark for a specific purpose or style of study. Operations on layers would be great, too, like re-coloring, merging, moving a highlight or comment from layer to layer, renaming, removing layers, etc. I would love this feature!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists in the form of the “Visible Notebooks” feature, visible in the top-right corner of every page of content. Advanced means of assigning and reassigning highlights and other annotations to different notebooks will be coming in future releases.

11. Consistent Cross Reference Behavior

I would love to use the cross references more but the current behavior is as follows:

1) Click on cross reference
    2) Cross reference pane scrolls the reference into view at the bottom, top, or stays put if it is already visible.
    3) Spend a moment searching for it.

Ideally it would work as follows:

1) Click cross reference link
    2) Scroll the cross reference pane so it lines up with the selected verse.
    3) No time spent searching for it.

In reality it would be content if the behavior was more consistent. Always move it to the top of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. combine the copy feature/option into the radial menu/control dial on the mobile/phone version

Currently the copy option/feature on the mobile/phone version is not included in the control dial but is a separate items that 1/2 covers up the ability to select the control dial. It is very frustrating to try it and I can't use either the copy option or the radial dial very well when it works that way. If the copy option was included in the control dial, I would use it a lot more.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Windows Phone that we can’t work around without completely rewriting the app—which we are doing. It will be some time before the new version is available.

13. highlighting and the little wheel thing is to complex and dosent work well. I think it should be almost completely redone

Please make this more similar to phone version, it works a lot better and is more simple

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Box around Verse Number with Different Color inside box - gives 100 different options for marking

This idea can mesh with the highlighting box idea - but a nuance with the verse number is very powerful to be able to show verses with similar subjects without muddling the view of the scripture and allowing individual marking of wordds

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not possible. The annotations web service—to which we must sync to save annotations so they are available on LDS.org, iOS, and Android—only supports ten colors and two styles (highlight and underline). We already support all of them.

15. perfecting the saints, scripture of the day to lockscreen

Make a feature where the app can make one scripture or section of the insign posted to the lock screen a day. Something so simple would catch the eye of a member and drag him into the app ☺

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto Scrolling

An auto-scrolling feature would be awesome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to enlarging font size in all fields of the app including the side bars, flyouts and home page.

When enlarging the font size in the app. All font would be enlarged including the side bars, flyouts and home page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Icon Size

Icon Size. We can currently change the size of the text inside books/magazines but not the icon size or title text size of the icons. this would be a great feature when using a tablet like the Surface Pro 4 in laptop mode. Please implement this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. While it will not step you through each occurrence, it does highlight each occurrence of the relevant word or words in the text. For example, navigate to Come Follow Me: Aaronic Priesthood >> January >> What are the Roles of the Holy Ghost and type the word “Ghost” into the search box. Note that every instance of the word “Ghost” is now highlighted.

20. "Pop out"

Have a 'pop out' feature for the tabs such that it may be in its own window. This would allow a side-by-side view of the tabs. An example of this is the pop out button in outlook email and calendar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General