Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Allow handwritten notes in the scriptures. Much like using a pen on my paper scriptures

This would be great for devices that allow writing on documents

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your feature request is directly addressed in the FAQ:

2. My device has a pen. Why can’t I just draw on the screen?
    This is a really cool feature idea, but, at least at present, it doesn’t appear to be feasible to implement because of the way text reflows in the application. Doing something as simple as adjusting font size or changing the snap or window size for Gospel Library would cause notes created by a pen to become distorted or out of place. We are, however, working on ideas that will still make the pen a valuable tool for study.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content, and this feature requires content-level support. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow images to be available when off line.

When devise is not connected to the internet I have gaps of nothing where icons or images once where. it would be nice if at least the icon images remain when my device is not connected to the internet. It would also be useful if I could choose to retain pictures on my device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to see in the lesson we teach a way to highlight and put to notes.

I would like to see in the lesson we teach a way to highlight and put to notes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add print function. I would like to print our sections of lessons for handout in classes I teach. There is no print feature & no ctr P.

Need to print out sections of lessons to hand out in class. Where is the print function? Also, ctrl P does not give me a print function.

I print function is available and I am not seeing it, please tell me where to find the print function.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update Sunday School lessons

The lessons are not getting updated as the lessons online are updated with newer talks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All content, including section names, is generated and controlled by the Church’s internal content team. We have no control over this as volunteer developers. Any change here will have to come from the Church’s content team, not us.

8. Provide instructions on how to link scriptures, write in notebook, tag things.

Instruct how to link, tag, use notebook. Some of the features in the ipad version. I like the notes right in the scriptures instead of on the side.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Piano Accompaniment

Offer the hymns with just a piano accompaniment. I suppose this would be a great amount of work, but I would think there are others out there that can't attend church because of the noise. I have seizures. The high pitch of sounds like the violin, soprano, etc, is a trigger. But I do so love the hymns. I cannot find anywhere the basic, complete hymns, just so I can pick one or two out on a Sabbath Day and use those for my worship at home.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All content, including available audio, is generated and controlled by the Church’s internal content team. We have no control over this as volunteer developers. Any change here will have to come from the Church’s content team, not us.

If, in the future, the new audio becomes available, the app will support it. Indeed, the upcoming Windows 10 app (version 4) already supports multiple audio streams for a planned audio feature from the content team that would grant users both a male and a female voice to read the scriptures.

10. Post scriptures to start

You can already pin websites or other App data to start. Why not scripture references, notes and everything else?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. picture attachment

i would like to be able to take a picture of a hand out and attach to a passage or chapter

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please include the sheet music in spanish/english windows phone version

Include sheet music like in the hymn book in The windows 10 phone version of gospel library. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Highlighting/Underlining Across Languages

I would like to see highlighting/underlining that I make in one language appear when I switch to the same passage in another language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share already exists in the current release version of the app (v2) and will be returning soon in the beta. Select text you’d like to share, press the hint bubble, then choose the “Share” button at the top-left of the radial menu.

In the new app (Windows 10 UWP), you’ll be able to share using the Context Menu—select your text, press the hint bubble, then “More”, then “Share”. You’ll also be able to share full chapters via the Share option in the More menu located in the Home ribbon.

16. I am a german user and I am rather surprised that you do share same videos under the german language only in english

I am in charge for the teachers forum and the suggested video for the first lesson is only in english availible. Also same videos for genealogie are under the android system in german under the windows system in english only. Also I can not download the videos under windows but under android. Is there a solution???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion + closed as duplicate.

Content is provided by the content team, not by our volunteer team of app developers. Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x uses a slightly older content source that was shared with Android up until just a few weeks ago.

The new version of Gospel Library for Windows, currently in open beta, shares its content with the current version of the app on iOS and Android. You can learn more about the beta here:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Multimedia downloads is a planned feature and is already listed here on UserVoice:

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236193-general/suggestions/9455778-multimedia-management

17. Make annotations pop up box optional

I noticed a pop up annotations box when selecting text. How about making that optional? I don't like having to X it out each time. I prefer using the annotation tab. Making it optional would satisfy both sides of the issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may not be running the current version of the beta. The context menu doesn’t appear immediately unless you’re right-clicking or pressing and holding on text (which is expected behavior). A small hint bubble appears when text is selected that must be clicked (or tapped) to open the context menu.

Some features require the context menu, like copy and copy link, as well as some upcoming features, like Share, Define, and Pin.

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

WE are not late at all, as we’re not the ones who generate the content for the content sources. The content team has yet to update the content source that Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x (and Gospel Library for Android version 3.x) uses. We don’t know when the content team plans to update this older content source. The best solution we can provide for you at this time is to download and install the Windows 10 beta version of the app, as the beta uses a newer content source shared with Gospel Library version 4 for iOS and Android, meaning the new magazines are already available.

You can learn more about the beta here:

19. Allow highlighting any txt within Gospel Library.

I would like to be able to highlight or underline ANY txt within the gospel library. Currently only some txt can be color highlighted or underlined. Other txt only gives you the option to copy or share it not mark it with highlighting or underlining. As a teacher, I would like to highlight the specific questions I plan to ask my class, etc. It allows me to use the gospel library to teach from and not to print out a hard copy to highlight and use as an outline for my lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as declined because there’s nothing we can do for version 2 of the app. The annotations web service only supports what it supports for annotations. HOWEVER, the upcoming version of Gospel Library for Windows 10 uses a different content source, shared with Gospel Library 4 on iOS and Android, that is mapped in such a way that the web service CAN handle it. The new version is currently in public beta. You can read more about it at the link below:

20. allow anything to be bookmarked

In lesson 6 of the D & C and church history study guide, I can't place a bookmark anywhere.

Using windows 10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as declined because there’s nothing we can do for version 2 of the app. The annotations web service only supports what it supports for annotations, including bookmarks. HOWEVER, the upcoming version of Gospel Library for Windows 10 uses a different content source, shared with Gospel Library 4 on iOS and Android, that is mapped in such a way that the web service CAN handle it. The new version is currently in public beta. You can read more about it at the link below:

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base