Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. The ability to enlarging font size in all fields of the app including the side bars, flyouts and home page.

When enlarging the font size in the app. All font would be enlarged including the side bars, flyouts and home page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the media bar available on windows 10 mobile

The media bar is no longer available for windows 10 mobile, I would love to be able to listen to my scriptures again!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declining not because we don’t plan to do this, but because the release of the 4.0.0.0 update on mobile devices was premature. An error in the submission process caused it to release to phones when it was only supposed to release to tablets, desktops, and laptops. Now that our 4.0.0.0 release is official out on those devices, our development focus is on the phone UI.

3. Bookmarks lacking one thing, ever-present (current) study page

Hi, we really need a way to have an ever-present bookmark that visually lives at the top of all pages in the Gospel Library. Pinning bookmarks isn't useful because it takes up far too much space on the reader. Imagine when reading an actual book, how you use an actual bookmark to mark where you left off reading today so that you can read from that starting point tomorrow. The current bookmarks are more like browser favorites, they are less-than-ideal as an actual real bookmark for the purpose described above. I ask you for to please extend the current bookmarks…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give optimizations for Stylus and Mouse users

There was a feature that I believed was not implemented well, and I had an idea to solve it.
    I often use a surface pen as an input device every time I use the app. When I right-click on a highlight to add a tag, note, etc. it always creates a new highlight because the pen made the input, regardless of whether the pen used a right-click or not. I believe a better method for both stylus and mouse users would be to have a hamburger menu icon; much like the application already uses when you select and drag to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make annotations downloadable to a text file or at least printable

Make annotations downloadable to a text file of some sort or at least be able to print them to a hard copy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. include a simple word processing feature as a My Talks section

This could be a new annotation function or a completely new section, but completely separate from Journal Entries (which are used for more informal purposes) to allow people to write down longer pieces, such as talks especially, and have them automatically synced through your LDS account. Maybe call it a My Talks section. It would also be great to be able to incorporate existing annotating features, such as tagging and placing in notebooks and linking, to this as well. The ability to share your talks directly with other people through their LDS account could also be beneficial.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to backup all annotations/ notes

Considering how valuable people consider their annotations, I think it would be nice to be able to have a button to backup all notes/ annotations, then another one to restore from backup. That way, if an app glitches and deletes everything, we can just restore from the backup and pick up where we left off.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. update the primary manuals

Update the primary manuals to 2018 PLEASE!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All supported versions of the app (version 4.x) have the 2018 manuals, for primary and for other Church auxiliaries. Unsupported versions of the app (version 2 and lower) do not have the means of processing the newer content format the Church distributes its content in. As the Church has decided that it no longer wishes to support that legacy format, the current content available to the unsupported app versions is all that will be available going forward.

10. atualização de recursos

Poderia ter uma atualização dos recursos do gospel library como os do usuários do Android e ios. Por exemplo, as A liahonas são todas antigas no app e nem tem as da conferencia geral, poderia ter uma atualização para os usuários do WP.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

(Recusado – não é um pedido de recurso)

Todas as versões suportadas do aplicativo (versão 4.x, que requer o Windows 10, o Windows 10 Mobile ou um Xbox One, One S ou One X atualizado) têm conteúdo atual. Versões não suportadas do aplicativo (versão 2 e inferior) não têm os meios de processar o formato de conteúdo mais recente em que a Igreja distribui seu conteúdo e deixaram de receber atualizações de conteúdo da equipe de conteúdo da Igreja.
    As versões atuais do aplicativo a partir desta resposta são (Release) 4.1.38.0 e (Beta) 4.1.39.0.

(Declined – not a feature request)

All supported versions of the app (version 4.x, which requires Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, or an up-to-date Xbox One, One S, or One X) have current content. Unsupported versions of the app (version 2 and lower) do not have the means of processing the newer content format the Church…

11. Allow the option for Media player to read what is displayed.

I know I can read multiple chapters in the same book by selecting "Continuous Play." If I want to change to another book, I am required to close the app and reopen it to let Media Player catch up with me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to view different versions of the bible is not available

I was disappointed when I looked for the NLT version of the bible but it wasn't there so I had to use the default version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Church does not own the copyright to other versions of the Bible and, in English, continues to use the King James version with the notes and study aids it has developed. The alternative versions of the Bible are not available at LDS.org either, likely for the same reason.

Additionally, what content is available in the Gospel Library applications is not controlled by the developers. We develop Gospel Library for Windows and its features, but the Church provides the content made available to the Gospel Library apps and LDS.org.

13. switch to Electron

While I understand you have worked ******* the Windows 10 version of the Gospel Library app, I think starting fresh with Electron may be a good idea. If you do not know what Electron is, it is a framework for multi-platform desktop apps using web technologies (As in the program is mostly written in HTML5 standards, with a framework to access system APIs and other things. It handles most stuff for you, though.). It might be easier to set up Gospel Library and manage it in that form, not to mention that you could have Gospel Library for Mac and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The entire Chapters of Book of Mormon are in all Female Voice only, dont exist the entire chapter in male voice. Spanish Version.

Hi, i suggest that the Spanish Voice Scripture version I could hear in male voice the entire Chapter 11, 12, 13 of 3 Nephi (Jesus Sayings).
    Many Chapter in Spanish Versión are only in femme voice, please.

I dont feel the sayings of Jesus or Moroni if it is in only femme voice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are just the humble volunteer programmers for the Gospel Library for Windows app. The Church chooses which content to publish. Maybe reach out to the publishing department of the Church if you have suggestions?

15. Make the topical guide work the same as it does on the IOS app.

The topical guide is almost unusable in its current format in this windows version of the software. Topics load very slowly. On the IOS app all topics seem ready to be selected the moment I use the topical guide.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search_ Functionality to search for, and display, multiple scripture references with one search

I would like to be able to search / display multiple scriptures (for example the following entry from the Bible Dictionary entry for Charity: (1 Cor. 8:1; 13:1–4, 8; 13; 14:1; Moro. 7:47).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sheet music/Listen to music without data

It would be nice to be able to see sheet music in the app,as well as to be able to download music so you can listen at a later date without using wifi.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sheet music support is already available using the beta version of the application on tablet, laptop, and desktop devices. We’re looking in to its feasibility on phones.

Closing this suggestion because both of the suggestions in it are already represented here by other suggestion posts.

18. Support for highlighting bulleted content in lesson manuals.

I am unable to highlight bullets in my primary lesson manuals.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a limitation of the app. Even the current app could highlight and underline and add notes to bulleted lists, pictures, and other un-annotatable content all day. The content and, by extension, the Church’s web annotations server, can’t handle the annotations because it’s not setup to handle it. Content like this is generally older and fixing it has taken an enormous amount of time. There is more for them to do than simply flipping a switch. The content team has been very busy the last couple of years working on a very substantial content update that fixes this issue. Because it is such a major change in how content is delivered to the application, Gospel Library v2 will most likely not be updated to support it, and only the upcoming v4 (Windows 10 UWP) will support the new content source—so anyone can mark whatever to their heart’s…

19. Leave all Gospel Doctrine manuals available in the Library as additional reference material to study official Doctrine and Standard Works

With the new year comes the next rotation of the Standard Works (this year being the Book of Mormon), but the Gospel Library no longer has the New Testament manual available. While studying with last years manual I found invaluable quotes from General Authorities and much of the material that just could not be taught within the time limit of a Sunday School class.

If these manuals were searchable, they could be used for references in talks, FHE, or just a personal study guide instead of what many people do by purchasing unofficial study guides from sources other than the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

20. Live Tile Support

I love that you can pin scriptures to start screen, but it would be nice if the tile scrolled so that you can read whole verse (a lot of the verses are too long)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General