General

1. Ability to share a bookmark with others.

This would have to incorporate some sort of social networking structure, but it would be really neat if I could share bookmarks or notes with others. It would especially be neat if everyone in my family could share a bookmark for family scripture study.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Bookmarks for Video Playback at Specific Intervals

Allow video bookmarks so you can start playing the video at specific places within the video. This would allow you to show the lesson material and then begin playing the video at the exact spots you would like as you progress throughout the lesson. (i.e.): I could have 3 video bookmarks set to play the video at different interval frame times.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put an updated list of all of the scripture masteries as a button on the bottom of the screen.

This would be helpful for me as a seminary student to be able to get to all of the different scripture masteries in a matter of moments.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save Progress by Book / Mark as Read

It would be nice if the app could keep track of my progress in the books I am reading and if I could mark chapters as read as I complete them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. pin books and magazines to start

Provide the functionality to pin entire books to the start menu. I would like to be able to just pin each months ensign as they're released.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage Deleted Annotations (Effectively, Undo)

A means of managing deleted annotations so that accidentally deleted notes, highlights, bookmarks, and more, can be restored.

Original Suggestion:
    How about an undo button? I accidentally erased a marking that had an annotation with some copied quotes from leaders in it. I cannot duplicate the annotation as the original was done a year ago.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Organizing Annotations

We need to be able to reorder annotations within a chapter or verse. In a verse, for example, the first annotation shows up last, etc. Each additional annotation is added to the top of the list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Closed Captioning for Videos

Please add captioning for the videos since I cant hear or make out the words. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content, and this feature would require content-level support. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

If, in the future, captions become available for inclusion in the application, we will revisit this suggestion.

9. Option for Larger Size of Panes and Other App Elements

For the references pane, for example, please allow for the on-screen font size to be made larger either by pinch zoom or switch in behavior settings. Maybe 24 point or a little larger by switch or pinch zoom to make of 30 point

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A special collection that has "current" content to annual or monthly publications.

The "Current" special collection would have automatically updated/downloaded content for the newest Friend, Ensign, New Era, or General Conference when it is made available.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Download notebooks and and print all my notes together not individually.

I don't see any options on the church site to download all the notes. I'd like to have all my notebooks to be exported or printed at once so I can share them with others. If there is a place to download all the notebook contents, please provide a link. Thank you,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark footnotes containing specific types of data

On an older version of the scriptures web site, there was a setting available that would mark footnotes (with a dot) that contained a specific type of item, based on your choice using checkboxes. The types would be things such as scripture references, topical guide references, bible dictionary, alternate translations, JST, and other notes (IE, OR, etc.). This was a great feature that I used all the time, especially when studying Isaiah or other books in the old testament to see very quickly which footnotes contained alternate translations, JST, or notes. For the gospel library app, you could use a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow printing of journal entires

It would be very helpful to be able to print journal entries. While I saw that the journal function is not designed for personal journal entries it is difficult if not impossible for me to segregate my gospel study from my journal writing. The two are intertwined. I would love to be able to print entries and then place them in a paper copy of my journal or print as a pdf and export to a stand alone file for journals as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In addition to Highlighting/Underlining, I need a colored bar to the side of the text (less distracting while projecting the app in class)

When I teach I project the App on a screen during class so that the students can follow along easier. The highlighting and underlining is distracting and hard to read for the audience. I need something that will keep the text cleaner. I suggest a colored bar or just a line to the left of the text.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

A feature like this would require support from the annotations web service, which currently does not exist.

We will examine if there is a way to work around this issue, perhaps by converting all other types of marking to sidebars with an option in the settings menu, but it is not likely to happen, nor would such a feature be a high priority at present.

16. Share Links with Others

I think it would be awesome if you could share cross references with others in a sort of scripture study social media network.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opened collections on homescreen

The ability to have a collection open on the homescreen so that you can customize what is visible and all easily accessible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a flashcard feature

Easily copy and share a scripture or quote to a flashcard and be able to group flashcards into sets or tag by topic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As this isn’t part of the core functionality of Gospel Library, we may never implement such a feature. We will, however, still look into this when we begin work on the home screen widgets, especially the Ponderize widget.

19. ChromeCast Support

Be able to cast screen or videos to chromecast to share during a lesson.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. List view AND tile view when choosing books

When choosing a book, you should have a tile view like on iPhone and android.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base