General

1. Allow an "introduction" note to be entered before the selection

I prepare lessons using the app. I would like to be able to place the note prior to the selection. Placing the note prior to the selection acts as an introduction to the selection that is helpful for creating lessons or to act as reminders of what to look for the next time I read the selection as part of my personal scripture study.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a reading goal/streak tracker.

This would be a great tool for youth and adults. You would set your daily reading goal (I.E pages, or chapters/day) and it would keep track of and show you how many days in a row you've read.

This could be great encouragement for people to read on a regular basis. It would be an optional tool people could activate if they want to.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plan Topics to Study

I would be nice to be able to set up reminders from the app to read my scriptures. I would also like an option to plan out my study topics in advance with I the app (like weekly planning in the missionary planner) that way when I get a reminder to read its not just to read but a reminder to what I had planned on reading.

Also when I plan on studying by topic say "faith" I can select faith and get a link to a topical guide that includes conference talks and manuals. Sort of like a predefined…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Bookmarks for Video Playback at Specific Intervals

Allow video bookmarks so you can start playing the video at specific places within the video. This would allow you to show the lesson material and then begin playing the video at the exact spots you would like as you progress throughout the lesson. (i.e.): I could have 3 video bookmarks set to play the video at different interval frame times.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to share a bookmark with others.

This would have to incorporate some sort of social networking structure, but it would be really neat if I could share bookmarks or notes with others. It would especially be neat if everyone in my family could share a bookmark for family scripture study.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Put an updated list of all of the scripture masteries as a button on the bottom of the screen.

This would be helpful for me as a seminary student to be able to get to all of the different scripture masteries in a matter of moments.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save Progress by Book / Mark as Read

It would be nice if the app could keep track of my progress in the books I am reading and if I could mark chapters as read as I complete them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make a reference between a note we make, and what was highlighted when we made the note.

When you create a note at the moment, it just pops up at the bottom of the verse (if you made a note in the scriptures at least). But, if you make two notes for the same verse, but for different parts of the verse, there is no way to follow which note went to what part of the verse. I would suggest that when you highlight something to make a note of it, both the highlighted section, and the corresponding note will be marked with a 1, or an a, or something like that. That way, you can highlight…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. pin books and magazines to start

Provide the functionality to pin entire books to the start menu. I would like to be able to just pin each months ensign as they're released.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage Deleted Annotations (Effectively, Undo)

A means of managing deleted annotations so that accidentally deleted notes, highlights, bookmarks, and more, can be restored.

Original Suggestion:
    How about an undo button? I accidentally erased a marking that had an annotation with some copied quotes from leaders in it. I cannot duplicate the annotation as the original was done a year ago.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Full Notebook View

I see that the idea titled notebooks is listed as completed but I would like to suggest an improvement. When viewing the contents of a notebook, I would really like to see them on the whole screen and not just as a small column down the left side of the screen. This will aid those , like me who would really like to search their own annotations.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Organizing Annotations

We need to be able to reorder annotations within a chapter or verse. In a verse, for example, the first annotation shows up last, etc. Each additional annotation is added to the top of the list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the date and time a bookmark was placed.

It would be helpful to see when a bookmark was added to your list. WP8

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making Line Connections

On my physical scriptures I like to make lines between verses in order to connect ideas. Is it possible to duplicate this function in the app?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. please create an option to repprt bugs and issues directly within the program so we have to go out and type an email.

This feature would automatically generate an email including the phone model and version of os, the version of the program, take a screenshot of necessary, and allow us to quickly type a note to describe what happened. if possible it should also automatically document the last action taken so the oriented can see what caused the bug. It should be easily accessible so that we can report the bug and quickly get back to or studies.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make it so you can fill out your personal progress in this app

Be sold to fill out and write entries into personal progross and duty to god etc...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option for Larger Size of Panes and Other App Elements

For the references pane, for example, please allow for the on-screen font size to be made larger either by pinch zoom or switch in behavior settings. Maybe 24 point or a little larger by switch or pinch zoom to make of 30 point

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A special collection that has "current" content to annual or monthly publications.

The "Current" special collection would have automatically updated/downloaded content for the newest Friend, Ensign, New Era, or General Conference when it is made available.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [V4] Read Along (Auto Scroll)

Return the feature that scrolls content text as audio is played.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Some features have not yet made it back into version 4.0.0.0. They are still being reintroduced. This will take some time, but, with the exception of the Inspirational Messages feature, all features available in version 2 are planned to return. Our focus with the first release of version 4 was to ensure that the most important features were available at launch.

20. Ability to Add Charts and Images to Notes

I am using the Institute Manual as a study guide. There are many wonderful charts and images I would like to add in my notes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base