Skip to content

General

120 results found

1. implement tab grouping

I realize this may be difficult, or just complicate the user interface, but hear me out: For those that have a lot of tabs and tend to switch between various study approaches on different days, and don't want to close tabs that may be related to other study methods (think: I am studying the words of Christ today, or studying for a Gospel Doctrine Lesson on D&C tomorrow, or getting ready for a ministering message to some families...), it would be awesome to be able to group tabs such as become recently more common in modern web browsers. Let me…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to search/filter by multiple tags (like Evernote)

As part of Gospel study, I create meaningful tags. Some tags are reflections of what doctrine/principle I have identified (faith, repentance, etc.). Other tags are to identify speakers (RMN - Russell M. Nelson, DHO - Dallin H. Oaks). Others are to identify a type of content (story, testimony, etc.) Other tags are reflective of the venue (GC - General Conference, Liahona - the Church's magazine, Ensign - the old magazine).

Being able to filter by multiple tags at the same time would be incredibly powerful. If I am preparing a talk/preparing a lesson/answering a question and I want to filter…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Accessibility: Real-Time Highlighting in "Read Along" (Read Description)

For code ideas, see "Text to Speech With Highlight Text Support in WPF" on C# Corner.

Please implement narrated real-time highlighting functionality to the "Read Along" mode, similar to ReadSpeaker TextAid, iSpeech API, Microsoft Immersive Reader, and Audible Immersion Reading.

This would be highly beneficial for those of us with ADHD, dyslexia, or autism, as well as for general scripture reading retention.

For immediate initial implementation of the real-time highlighting feature, only support real-time highlighting in "Read Along" mode when the Text-to-Speech audio option is selected. This will make it easier to quickly implement, because you can get code ideas…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a way to play all the music instead of just individually

For conference music, provide way to play all the music instead of having to play each song individually

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding note below a scripture verse without having to go through so many steps (Gospel Library for Windows Desktop)

The scriptures are vast and this would save a ton of time for me. I would like to be able to directly add and edit a note below a verse of scripture. Currently the sequence is:

1. Double click somewhere on the verse or end of verse.
    2. Left click on note to open the window.
    3. Click in the Subject area.
    4. Type the note.
    5. Click save.
    6. Reopen the window to make changes.

Prefer to:
    1. Hover mouse over verse.
    2. Left click on automatic popup which opens new editable note below verse, and moves cursor inside note. (all in one step).
    3.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hire developers

Please hire developers for the desktop library app. It is so buggy. The frustration that comes from attempting to use it for anything more than simply reading ruins a study session.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alphabetized menus for faster Study Guide navigation

For example, the windows version of the Bile Dictionary is displayed as a wall of text where the only navigation option is to scroll down, which takes a lot of time to reach Z from A. If a floating alphabetized hotlink menu on the right side of the Dictionary and other study helps could be implemented it would allow much faster times to research topics.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easily click off of images

Hello, I'm posting this in Aug 2023. With one of the most recent updates something happened to the images once clicked to enlarge. To get out of the enlarged view the user has to click on the X button, which is now behind the Back Arrow and is difficult to press. I usually have to close and run the whole program over again (& make sure not to click on any images).
    There's a few ways to fix this. One, is to allow the user to click the ESC key to close/shrink the image. 2nd, is the move the X…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notes: Add the functionaly to have not only text notes, but also images and screenshots

I have really good images that I would like to put into the notes sections.

Also I watch scriptures Central and would like to add screenshots from time to time into the notes section of the Book of Mormon

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose between showing created date and updated date on notes and journal entries

When i am taking notes in sacrament meeting i some times review those notes and update them through out the week. The down side to this is when i update the note I can no longer see the original created date of the note so i am forced to name the note with a date of when i originally created it.

a similar request was closed marked as completed, but now all we get is update date instead of created date. It would be nice if we could toggle a created date on/off so i didn't have to put the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recent updates to the annotations service provide the fields necessary to attempt to display both a created date and a last edited date. We still need to implement many of the other features of the new annotation service to give us access to the fields. So we are now reviewing how we might provide you access to that.

11. Change Find on Page feature to search text of content only (not notes), or add a toggle

The current Find on Page feature searches the text of the content as well as the test of Notes and Marked Notes on that page. If I am only looking for occurrences of a word in the content, it would be helpful to be able to search only the content.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using the Dark theme, increase the contrast of headings within chapters for Come Follow Me - Individual and Families

I wish this Suggestions reporting tool had the ability to add screenshots for clarity, but I'll try to describe it.

1. Open, Come Follow Me - Individuals and Families.

2. Open the chapter, May 4 - 10. Mosiah 11 - 17: A Light... That Can Never Be Darkened".

3. Under the chapter's picture, it lists the week's dates for the chapter (May 4 - 10). Below that is the reading assignment in the Book of Mormon corresponding with the manual's chapter (Mosiah 11 - 17).

4. Below the reading assignment (Mosiah 11 - 17), there is some verbiage that almost completely cannot be seen…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print color highlights, underlines, notes, links, etc.

Print color highlights, underlines, notes, links, etc. in Come Follow Me lessons, conference talks, scriptures, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a search feature that would allow me to search words within a certain range

Have a search feature that would allow me to search words within a certain range (e.g. 'house' and 'prophet' within 100 words, 20 words, 10 words, 5 words, 3 words, or custom range; this would span multiple verses or paragraphs)

The words could be in any order e.g. 'prophet' could come within my selected 20 words of 'house'

To prevent making this too strenuous on computer or phone resources, limit the advanced search to 5 words or less.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The language indicator of each tab should remain as chosen by the user

Currently, when you switch from one tab to another, the language indicator remains in the language of the tab you were watching, instead of changing to the language which had been manually chosen for the new tab that you are beginning to see.

With the android app, each tab always remains in the language which was chosen by the user, and it should be the same with this app, otherwise, as it is now, it´s not possible or at least not comfortable to study in different languages, because it causes some or all the tabs to close, and it becomes…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create in line notes

Please allow a note to be associated with an icon left or right of the verse or verses that are in line with the text of the Scriptures.

It appears there are lots of notes, but are not able to be seen in the context of the Scriptures.

This would allow users to see their notes in line with the Scripture text. May we add this feature?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Toggled highlight light gray (or other color) every other line for readability

Keep track of which line I'm reading on a computer screen is much easier if every other row has a noticeably different background/highlight. I know other people would also benefit from this because automatically highlighting every other row has been option on Excel and similar programs for years.

I think light gray would be a good default color (or dark gray for dark modes) since this would not conflict with the vast majority of highlighting schemes. The toggle and color selection could be placed next to the hide annotations option so users can turn off their highlights if they do…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add quick link on home page

On the home page add two links titled “Temple and Family History (Name of ward) Plan” and
    (Name of ward) Mission Plan.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search for notebooks by typing notebook title

When navigating to the most recently created notebook, for instance, sometimes it is difficult to scroll all the way down to the end of the drop-down menu.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General