Skip to content

General

139 results found

1. Add our own Patriarchal Blessing in LDS Tools.

Include an option where the individual user can add their own Patriarchal Blessing to LDS Tools.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are just the humble volunteer programmers for the Gospel Library for Windows app and can't impact the Church Tools app. Having said that, in my scriptures I have made a note at

Doctrine and Covenants 124:92 and copied my patriarchal blessing into that note. Now I have it in my scriptures.

2. Add levels to lists

Currently, lists (bulleted or numbered) only have one level of depth. It would be nice to have multiple levels, as any major text editor has. For example:
    For numbered:
    1. Level 1
    1.a Level 2
    1.a.1 Level 3
    2. Level 1

For bulleted:
    * Level 1
    - Level 2
    % Level 3
    * Level 1

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Split tabbed window

It would be great to have a split tabbed window in Gospel Library Windows Desktop App so that you can study side by side easier with two different gospel topics, scripture verses, talks, or manuals from a split tabbed window.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists. Instead of opening content in a new tab open it in a new window. Those two windows can be arranged on your desktop however you want – including side by side allowing you to study it exactly as you descirbe it.

4. Merge Tags

I started using Gospel Library years ago, when tags all defaulted to lower case, and you couldn't have a comma in a tag name. Those features have evolved, and I now have a bunch of duplicate tags, like "agency" and "Agency" or "Jesus Christ; Creator"/"Jesus Christ, Creator." I also have some tags that I gave a different name and realized they were the same, like "Welding Link" and "Sealing Chain."

As far as I can tell, there is no way to select two tags and merge them. I would love to have this feature so that I can clean up…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. 

All you have to do is rename a tag to the name you prefer and if that name already exists it will combine them.

Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

5. View All Highlights/Notes Chronologically

It would be nice if you could choose to view all highlights/notes chronologically, rather than having them only grouped by color or book. Similar to what is done on the mobile app when you go to Notes>All. This way you can see the last few verses you marked in the same spot even if you used different colors. Currently this only works for notes, and not all highlights. Just got the app on my laptop (windows 10)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

6. direcionamento

boa noite
    a algum tempo atras quando clicávamos em uma escritura estando em qualquer manual , automaticamente era direcionado para escritura , e isso não esta acontecendo mais

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have links open in sidebar like in Android & iOS

When opening a link in Android and iOS, the content shows up in a sidebar and not the main window like it happens on the windows app.
    It would be great to have that sidebar option for quickly viewing content.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. bring back the "swipe to update" feature for bookmarks

In the previous version of Windows Gospel Library, I could swipe the bookmark to the left to update it to the current location. Seems like that disappeared. I really liked it. Now I have to right click, then move over and select "update". More cumbersome for those with a touch interface. Bring back the swipe!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update.

9. Save margin size settings

As a user, I would like my margin size settings saved so that when I reopen the app, the margins will be the size that I set previously. Currently, margins return to the default size each time the app is reopened.

I use this in conjunction with columns.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Resize the Journal entry window when editing (windows app)

When trying to edit, and add to an existing Journal entry (from my Gospel Library Windows app) the box that pops up is very small. Could it be a full size window like it is when the Journal Entry is initially created?
    Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better Hymn Searching

Searching for Hymns by number in the Win 10 app is really clunky right now. There is no way to grab the scrollbar without a mouse/stylus which means I can't quickly use a mental binary search and skip to a closer halfway point to my desired number, meaning I end up having to swipe several times to get up to the hundreds and higher. I suggest shortcut buttons in 50 or even 25 number increments. These could be placed along the right part of the screen, left of the toolbar, or even at the top of the hymn list. We…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copy and Paste options for references

Hello,

2 Suggestions for a future update to windows version regarding the copy and paste options with references:

1. I would love to have your team consider adding an alternative view to references when copying. You could add it under the settings section—under behavior, then under ‘Default Copy Behavior Settings’—add a new field that allows the copied reference to appear at the top of the pasted area rather than always at the bottom. Here is an example:

31 And of tenets thou shalt not talk, but thou shalt declare repentance and faith on the Savior, and remission of sins by baptism,…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Arrange content in a Notebook

Add a feature in the "Notebooks" tool that allows you to select a note or a reference by tapping in the upper right corner of that note or reference and selecting "move". This would highlight the desired reference and allow you to scroll up and down within the notebook to find where you want to move it. Once you find where you want to move it you could just tap between two existing references/notes and a dialogue box would pop up saying "Move here? yes - no." You select yes and it moves your note or reference to the new…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have delivered on this UserVoice request in the latest version of Gospel Library for Windows - v6.0 which is in the store now. Update your app if it didn't automatically update. (The design may be different but you can arrange them by clicking and dragging the grab bar on the side of an annotation within a notebook.)

14. Allow me to see the contents of a highlighted scripture while I'm writing a note.

Currently in the version I have, when I highlight a scripture and say that I want to write a note for it, a fullscreen (almost) popup comes up allowing me to write the note, but it blocks the contents of the highlighted scripture. This makes it difficult to write the note, because I can't remember what the thought I had was, without seeing the text to remind me.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Side by Side

It would be great to have the scriptures and Come Follow Me open side by side so you don't have to move completely away from one to read the other. This would be great for in class and study at home. For Windows and Apple ipad etc

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can read Come Follow Me and the scriptures side by side in Gospel Library for Windows today.

The key is to open of them in a new window and arrange the windows side by side using Windows features.

16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make it just as easy to add a highlight to several notebooks in Windows as it is in the android app.

As a beginner in the windows app I've spent an hour trying to figure out how to add a quote to 2 notebooks and still can't. Frustrating. It takes seconds in android. Why?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are many ways to do this.

Version A

Highlight the content again, in the dropdown menu now there is an option to add a notebook.

Version B

Clicking on the pencil above and existing note will bring up an edit screen with a section for adding notebooks.

Version C

On the notes screen (accessed from the side menu) all annotations are listed and again the pencil icon will bring up the edit screen to add notebooks.

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is available by signing in and out of Gospel Library as you change users. Go to the settings icon on the left-hand side (looks like a gear) and then choose Account. On that pane is a sign out button, which if you sign out will allow another user to sign in.

19. Search Results in Order

When I currently search for a word or phases in the scriptures, the results seem to come back in random order. I would like to see the results come back in the order in which they arise in the scriptures. For example, when I search for the word "heal," the results show in the following order:

1. Bible Map
    2. Bible Map
    3. Bible Map
    4. Bible Photographs
    5. 1 Corinthians 12
    6. 1 Kings 13
    7. 1 Nephi 11
    8. 1 Nephi 17
    9. 1 Peter 2 etc. etc.

What I would like to see is first all the results in the Old Testament (in order), then all…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have updated our search whenever online. Now we use the search service provided by Church HQ. We cannot influence the order the results come to us as speed has been prioritized at the service level and is outside of our control. However, we can provide the user with the ability to sort and filter those results to their preference. In this latest version we provide that capability. It may not be exactly what you describe but it should be a close enough approximation that if you play with those sorting and filtering options we think you can get what you want.

20. Study Plans

Add Study Plans to the Windows-based Gospel Library. Sync it between devices. Make it an integral part of Gospel Library on any OS. I formatted my phone and had to reinstall the Gospel Library, by doing so, I lost my study plans and had to start over again.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base