Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. "Pop out"

Have a 'pop out' feature for the tabs such that it may be in its own window. This would allow a side-by-side view of the tabs. An example of this is the pop out button in outlook email and calendar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At Church our internet almost never works. Allow bookmarks and personalized data to be stored locally so it works without internet.

The Windows 10 Gospel Library App works very poorly when there is no internet connection, which is usually the case at Church. Bookmarks and personalized comments should be stored locally so that the app works well without internet connectivity. When connectivity is restored, updated can then propagate to the server and other devices with the same login.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These features already function without a connection and upload updated annotations when they are reconnected. If you are having issues with this, you’re running into a bug and you’ll need to contact user support.

3. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Teaching from Lesson Manuals subheadings/bulleted content

Since we're being encouraged to use digital formats instead of print material, it would be helpful to have the ability to mark all text in Windows. In the BoM Gospel Doctrine Manual (Sunday School) I can't highlight underline or make notes in the bulleted areas of the lesson. It makes keeping track of notes while teaching a lesson easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As app developers, we don’t have control over what can and cannot be annotated. This is dependent on the content supporting it. We do not control the content and, as such, cannot do anything about unannotatable content.

5. I suggest that you add “Font Color”.

I suggest that you add “Font Color” to the section where we can choose to underline and highlight.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has to be supported by the annotations web service and by LDS.org for us to implement anything of this sort, unfortunately, as these annotations would not sync across to other devices or platforms.

6. The Reference tab gets in the way

When viewing material, I like to be able to view what I am currently reading and the references at the same time. However, when I open the reference tab it gets in the way of the text. It would be nice if you could resize it so it does not get in the way of text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On tablet, laptop, and desktop: Pin it open with the pin icon at the top-right of the References pane.

On phone: This is not going to happen for the 8.1 release of the app. We are going in a different direction for the W10 version.

7. highlighting and the little wheel thing is to complex and dosent work well. I think it should be almost completely redone

Please make this more similar to phone version, it works a lot better and is more simple

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. not change the e size when scrolling

What a jarring experience it is when scrolling, when I scroll the text size changes changes back. Please keep the size consistent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While you cannot CUT and paste a chapter, it is already possible to COPY and paste one. Simply select the text you wish to copy—however much that is, then open the radial menu when it appears as the … bubble. From there, choose the copy option. You will now be able to paste it wherever you like, email, Word, OneNote, etc.

10. Optimize the app to reduce CPU usage when not in use, wastes a lot of battery on a laptop

Optimize the app to reduce CPU usage when not in use, wastes a lot of battery even when not in use

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please report this as a bug to user support via email. The app should be using very little, if any, CPU when not in use. Ensure that you haven’t recently downloaded any content, as the app could be creating indicies for search.

11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Leave all Gospel Doctrine manuals available in the Library as additional reference material to study official Doctrine and Standard Works

With the new year comes the next rotation of the Standard Works (this year being the Book of Mormon), but the Gospel Library no longer has the New Testament manual available. While studying with last years manual I found invaluable quotes from General Authorities and much of the material that just could not be taught within the time limit of a Sunday School class.

If these manuals were searchable, they could be used for references in talks, FHE, or just a personal study guide instead of what many people do by purchasing unofficial study guides from sources other than the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

13. sync my downloads between preferred languages

would it be possible to ask the user for preferred languages and download the same content for both languages simultaneously so we don't have to keep downloading the same contents twice, or so. I find it frustrating to have to download the same content twice and having to switch between languages and then being sent to the home page and then having to go through the same process again. its not that I won't but this suggestion would make it a lot easier and quicker. thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several reasons a feature like this isn’t likely to be implemented.

1. Not every user who downloads content in multiple languages wants everything they’ve downloaded in one language to be available in every other language they use content in. For example, I might download the Spanish scriptures to keep up on my language skills that way, but I’m not going to be reading the First Presidency Message in Spanish, nor will I be looking at fifty different Ensigns for a talk in English only to turn around and want them again in Spanish (one, they don’t exist, but two, I don’t need them in Spanish).

2. The content that is available differs between languages. Something you’ve downloaded in one language may simply not be available in another.

3. Download All is coming in the new, Windows 10 version of the app, as is Download Section. As a result,…

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow adding of notebooks to the Collections so can view and edit notes for that collection.

Being able to add notes to a specific notebook and then view those notes in a Collection would be extremely useful as a teacher where I could group my notes together by topic for example. Would also be great to be able to view and manage the notebooks similar to the way you can on the Android app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to write on the lesson pages.

As I prepare my lesson on my tablet I would like to make notes on the page so they are there when I am teaching. This way everything is in one place and make for smooth lesson flow.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your feature request is directly addressed in the FAQ:

2. My device has a pen. Why can’t I just draw on the screen?

This is a really cool feature idea, but, at least at present, it doesn’t appear to be feasible to implement because of the way text reflows in the application. Doing something as simple as adjusting font size or changing the snap or window size for Gospel Library would cause notes created by a pen to become distorted or out of place. We are, however, working on ideas that will still make the pen a valuable tool for study.

17. pls add photo counterpart for videos for unlucky many who can not afford high speed internet like from the developing countries.

Pls add photo counterpart for videos for unlucky many who can not afford high speed internet like from the developing countries. That way equal opportunities are given to all. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tagging of Journal notes

One of the challenges with Gospel Library on all format is the limitation of not being able to tag journal notes which results in a disorganized design. This option needs to be presented to lds.org and all platforms.

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add "True to the Faith: A Gospel Reference" to the Young Adults library.

The Handbook says Young Single Adult leaders are to: "... ensure that each young single adult has a copy of True to the Faith: A Gospel Reference." Would you please add it to the Young Adults library to make it easier for them to access?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for highlighting bulleted content in lesson manuals.

I am unable to highlight bullets in my primary lesson manuals.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a limitation of the app. Even the current app could highlight and underline and add notes to bulleted lists, pictures, and other un-annotatable content all day. The content and, by extension, the Church’s web annotations server, can’t handle the annotations because it’s not setup to handle it. Content like this is generally older and fixing it has taken an enormous amount of time. There is more for them to do than simply flipping a switch. The content team has been very busy the last couple of years working on a very substantial content update that fixes this issue. Because it is such a major change in how content is delivered to the application, Gospel Library v2 will most likely not be updated to support it, and only the upcoming v4 (Windows 10 UWP) will support the new content source—so anyone can mark whatever to their heart’s…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base