Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. soporte escrituras usuarios app windows 8.1 (solo libros canonicos)

existen usuarios que no pueden migrar a windows 10, pedimos soporte para descargar catalogo solo de libros canonicos

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. LDS Library App download for home use

LDS Library App (for PCs) has imbedded videos that work from WiFi. It would be nice if full lessons (w/ video) could be downloaded temporarily so that such could be studied with families at home.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Share and sync Tags or Notebooks with other users

It would be really great to be able to share a Tag or Notebook like one shares a Google Doc -- where edits/additions can be seen by other users, so users could collaboratively study a topic and share their insights together. This would be really helpful in the context of the new "Come, Follow Me" curriculum, which encourages studying with family members and others.

(I realize this would require changes to more than just the Windows app, so if there's a better place to request this feature, just let me know. 🙂)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As noted in the suggestion, this requires major backend changes in order to even be possible. As we’re volunteers who work in Gospel Library for Windows in our spare time, we have no power to change the backend to accommodate something like this. It’s highly unlikely that such a feature would be implemented because of the major changes required. Your best bet would be to send feedback through the iOS or Android version of the app.

4. Abililty to have a note with multiple editors

Akin to Google Keep which allows multiple users to have shared access to a note and edit together.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to upload jpg or png to notes

Occasionally a photo of a certain site or a piece of Gospel art can be extremely insightful and add to the scriptures. It would be nice to be able to include pictures in notes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Come Follow Me have the ability to fill in the blanks as we study.

Come Follow Me does not have the ability to fill in the blanks as we study. Also the ability to highlight and cross reference (links), tags, and all other features found in the scripture section should be available in the online version of a 'study' document.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to view different versions of the bible is not available

I was disappointed when I looked for the NLT version of the bible but it wasn't there so I had to use the default version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Church does not own the copyright to other versions of the Bible and, in English, continues to use the King James version with the notes and study aids it has developed. The alternative versions of the Bible are not available at LDS.org either, likely for the same reason.

Additionally, what content is available in the Gospel Library applications is not controlled by the developers. We develop Gospel Library for Windows and its features, but the Church provides the content made available to the Gospel Library apps and LDS.org.

8. Allow the option for Media player to read what is displayed.

I know I can read multiple chapters in the same book by selecting "Continuous Play." If I want to change to another book, I am required to close the app and reopen it to let Media Player catch up with me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make annotations downloadable to a text file or at least printable

Make annotations downloadable to a text file of some sort or at least be able to print them to a hard copy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make current month magazines avaialable on tablets and Kindle devices , the same as it is on smart phones. Thank you.

Please make current month magazines available on tablets and Kindle devices, just as they are available in smartphones. This will make implementing the new Relief Society and Priesthood curriculum easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove all highlighting to start fresh

Every time I start the scriptures a new time I like to start without any pre-conceived ideas on what scriptures stood out to me the last time I read. I would like to be able to UN-highlight all previous highlighting to start fresh each time. However, because my scriptures are connected to my sign-in, no matter what device I use, I have the same highlighting. Is it possible to easily remove? I know I can remove highlights by re-highlighting what is there and choosing the trash can, but because I highlight single words or phrases I have to go through…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature already exists. Use the Visible Notebooks feature to get a fresh copy of the scriptures when you want one. If later down the line you’d like to see old notes and highlights, you can turn them back on again.

12. Select a second language to fill gap.

I miss basic information in the gospel app like for eg the Dutch Bible or sunday school manual. It would be great if it was possible to select a second language in order to make a link work within the app or display sunday school manual without having to change your language. So if you are reading a dutch BoM and you have a reference link to a Bible scripture it will use your selected secundary language (in my case English) because the Bible is not available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lock Screen Feature

Make lds gospel library available as a lock screen similar to where bing cycles through pictures of the day, you could do temples of the day

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have collections be able to store specific talks or book chapters for quick reference.

Currently, collections can only include entire books. I think it would be great to be able to add specific talks, book chapters and even import .PDFs (example: talks from BYU Speeches) so a collection so I can find them quickly.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highlighting box option: Add an option to put a box around a section of text

Add the ability to put a box around a section of text. This would be especially useful if one could also underline key words within the box.
    Example: I would like to put a box around the parable of the Good Samaritan but then just underline the one key word Samaritan.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Making Line Connections

On my physical scriptures I like to make lines between verses in order to connect ideas. Is it possible to duplicate this function in the app?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the application we try to accomplish the same goal by linking scriptures rather than drawing a line. This allows us to go across all content and not be limited to the same page. You can link items by highlighting the text and making a link or using the new notes screen.

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple sets of scriptures

The ability to have multiple sets of scriptures that I can mark and annotate then save the annotations, and be able to open a completely new set of scriptures (almost like buying a new clean unmarked set). So that I can have the previous annotations and markings saved and be able to also work on a new one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add ability to see Patriarchal Blessings

On lds.org, I now have the ability to see my Patriarchal Blessing.
    It would be really nice to be able to see that image in GL. Also, I understand I can request blessings for my ancestors. It would be great to be able to access those too.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I wish I could "delete all" annotations at one time instead of having to click on each annotations to delete it. I annotate a lot!

I teach seminary and I annotate a lot, like a ton!! But I don't want to keep the annotations because I notice that it slows the app down and I really don't need them, only for that lesson. So I wish I could delete all the annotations at one time instead of having to click on each annotations to delete it. Takes so much time and I would rather sleep:)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deleting all of your annotations isn’t something we encourage. You can always turn off annotations from loading by deselecting specific notebooks they’ve been saved in at the top right of the page.

For example, you can create a notebook called “Seminary”, then change the default notebook to that new notebook in the settings. When you add new annotations, they will be saved to that notebook. Later, when you don’t want them to load, just turn off that notebook.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base