Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Save pens, highlighters, squiggles on right margin with useful icons

We would really appreciate having little pen icons going down the right edge. However, to really make them effective at expediting our note-taking process, please add variety to the shortcut icon. For example, rather than have both a thick and thin ink pen simply appear as a purple pen icon on the right column, please use some visual representation of thickness or - ideally - some numeric font size value (0.5, 0.7, 1.0 etc) in culmination with a pen specific icon.
    This method will allow users the ability to easily access AND RECOGNIZE those saved pens, highlighters, underlines and squiggles.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Limitations of the LDS.org Annotations Web Service make adding anything beyond the ten colors of highlights and underlining impossible. Further, as we don’t control it, we couldn’t even try to change it, even if we really, really wanted to. Major changes to the app regarding HOW one highlights have already been made (the new context menu and the Annotate ribbon) and are available in the beta version of the app for Windows 10, about which you can learn more at the link below:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

2. Add a unique scripture viewing mode for deeper spiritual understanding

An amazing feature that should seriously be considered is a single scripture viewing mode, where the user is able to see one verse appear at a time, rephrase the verse in their own words, have their input saved, and the verse swiped upwards and a new verse appear. Once the chapter is completed, the user's verse summaries are compiled and accessible anytime the user would like to refresh their memory on what they understood occurred within a completed chapter. This may encourage scripture reading, changing it from a daunting task to a rather fun and insightful experience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto Scrolling

An auto-scrolling feature would be awesome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Highlighting text -

it would be very helpful if instead of one highlight color going on top of another highlight that it replaced it. It is still nice to underline as well as highlight, but if you underline or highlight that it allows only one color each.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I dont know how I can listen to the scriputres .

I dont know how I can listen to the scriptures on the laptop .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion.

Legacy App (Version 2.x)
    Open the media bar using the play button on the bottom-left side of the screen, then select the chapter when the popup appears. It will begin playing.

Gospel Library for Windows 10 (BETA version 3.x)
    Open the media ribbon (at the top of the screen), then press play. If you have already started playing another chapter, you’ll need to click the Musical notes (Select Audio button) to change the chapter to the current page.

6. allow anything to be bookmarked

In lesson 6 of the D & C and church history study guide, I can't place a bookmark anywhere.

Using windows 10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as declined because there’s nothing we can do for version 2 of the app. The annotations web service only supports what it supports for annotations, including bookmarks. HOWEVER, the upcoming version of Gospel Library for Windows 10 uses a different content source, shared with Gospel Library 4 on iOS and Android, that is mapped in such a way that the web service CAN handle it. The new version is currently in public beta. You can read more about it at the link below:

7. Allow highlighting any txt within Gospel Library.

I would like to be able to highlight or underline ANY txt within the gospel library. Currently only some txt can be color highlighted or underlined. Other txt only gives you the option to copy or share it not mark it with highlighting or underlining. As a teacher, I would like to highlight the specific questions I plan to ask my class, etc. It allows me to use the gospel library to teach from and not to print out a hard copy to highlight and use as an outline for my lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as declined because there’s nothing we can do for version 2 of the app. The annotations web service only supports what it supports for annotations. HOWEVER, the upcoming version of Gospel Library for Windows 10 uses a different content source, shared with Gospel Library 4 on iOS and Android, that is mapped in such a way that the web service CAN handle it. The new version is currently in public beta. You can read more about it at the link below:

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

WE are not late at all, as we’re not the ones who generate the content for the content sources. The content team has yet to update the content source that Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x (and Gospel Library for Android version 3.x) uses. We don’t know when the content team plans to update this older content source. The best solution we can provide for you at this time is to download and install the Windows 10 beta version of the app, as the beta uses a newer content source shared with Gospel Library version 4 for iOS and Android, meaning the new magazines are already available.

You can learn more about the beta here:

9. Box around Verse Number with Different Color inside box - gives 100 different options for marking

This idea can mesh with the highlighting box idea - but a nuance with the verse number is very powerful to be able to show verses with similar subjects without muddling the view of the scripture and allowing individual marking of wordds

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not possible. The annotations web service—to which we must sync to save annotations so they are available on LDS.org, iOS, and Android—only supports ten colors and two styles (highlight and underline). We already support all of them.

10. Make annotations pop up box optional

I noticed a pop up annotations box when selecting text. How about making that optional? I don't like having to X it out each time. I prefer using the annotation tab. Making it optional would satisfy both sides of the issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may not be running the current version of the beta. The context menu doesn’t appear immediately unless you’re right-clicking or pressing and holding on text (which is expected behavior). A small hint bubble appears when text is selected that must be clicked (or tapped) to open the context menu.

Some features require the context menu, like copy and copy link, as well as some upcoming features, like Share, Define, and Pin.

11. Make tags not caps-sensitive

I end up with several tag categories on accident because it seems to care if the first letter is capitalized. So I have one tag for "temple" and another for "Temple." I would like to to all be uniform (maybe automatically capitalize the first letter of a tag) AND have a function to merge tags so I don't have to start over when this happens.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Annotations web service treats them differently and so must we, so that we can properly sync with iOS and Android devices. In the upcoming Windows 10 version of the app, currently in open beta, when you type a tag in, the app shows you your previous tags as you type. So if you type have started typing the word “temple” and have “tem” in the tag box, it would show “Temple” so that you can simply select your preferred capitalization of the tag.

You can learn more about the beta here:

12. I am a german user and I am rather surprised that you do share same videos under the german language only in english

I am in charge for the teachers forum and the suggested video for the first lesson is only in english availible. Also same videos for genealogie are under the android system in german under the windows system in english only. Also I can not download the videos under windows but under android. Is there a solution???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion + closed as duplicate.

Content is provided by the content team, not by our volunteer team of app developers. Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x uses a slightly older content source that was shared with Android up until just a few weeks ago.

The new version of Gospel Library for Windows, currently in open beta, shares its content with the current version of the app on iOS and Android. You can learn more about the beta here:

Multimedia downloads is a planned feature and is already listed here on UserVoice:

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236193-general/suggestions/9455778-multimedia-management

13. perfecting the saints, scripture of the day to lockscreen

Make a feature where the app can make one scripture or section of the insign posted to the lock screen a day. Something so simple would catch the eye of a member and drag him into the app ☺

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharing the gospel!!!!!

We are advised by the prophet to share the gospel with others. Its very important that our app has a more user friendly way of sharing the gospel. Many times I read articles in the insign and scriptures that I know would apply to coworkers or friends in struggling situations but our app does not have a share button. There is also no way to refer a potential investigator to the missionaries. There should be a section in the app fully dedicated to sharing the gospel. We should be able to refer a name and address to the missionaries along…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share already exists in the current release version of the app (v2) and will be returning soon in the beta. Select text you’d like to share, press the hint bubble, then choose the “Share” button at the top-left of the radial menu.

In the new app (Windows 10 UWP), you’ll be able to share using the Context Menu—select your text, press the hint bubble, then “More”, then “Share”. You’ll also be able to share full chapters via the Share option in the More menu located in the Home ribbon.

Referring investigators to missionaries is best left to Mormon.org:

https://www.mormon.org/missionaries

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share already exists in the current release version of the app (v2) and will be returning soon in the beta. Select text you’d like to share, press the hint bubble, then choose the “Share” button at the top-left of the radial menu.

In the new app (Windows 10 UWP), you’ll be able to share using the Context Menu—select your text, press the hint bubble, then “More”, then “Share”. You’ll also be able to share full chapters via the Share option in the More menu located in the Home ribbon.

16. Highlighting/Underlining Across Languages

I would like to see highlighting/underlining that I make in one language appear when I switch to the same passage in another language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. please include the sheet music in spanish/english windows phone version

Include sheet music like in the hymn book in The windows 10 phone version of gospel library. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. picture attachment

i would like to be able to take a picture of a hand out and attach to a passage or chapter

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. include audio options that are already on tablet versions

audio for Windows which is already available on Android tablet for Teachings of the Prophets

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gospel Library for Windows already includes audio support for content that includes audio in both the current production version of the app (version 2.x) and the beta (version 3.x). In my own testing, Teachings of the Presidents manuals were available to play in both.

20. delete all bookmarks with one click

either by putting a check mark in just several old bookmarks, or with one click to delete all bookmarks. this is just like emails, you can select one or two emails to be deleted or one click and delete all your emails. i had so many bookmarks, so it took so long.... way too long to delete every bookmark i had.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General