Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Make tags not caps-sensitive

I end up with several tag categories on accident because it seems to care if the first letter is capitalized. So I have one tag for "temple" and another for "Temple." I would like to to all be uniform (maybe automatically capitalize the first letter of a tag) AND have a function to merge tags so I don't have to start over when this happens.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Annotations web service treats them differently and so must we, so that we can properly sync with iOS and Android devices. In the upcoming Windows 10 version of the app, currently in open beta, when you type a tag in, the app shows you your previous tags as you type. So if you type have started typing the word “temple” and have “tem” in the tag box, it would show “Temple” so that you can simply select your preferred capitalization of the tag.

You can learn more about the beta here:
    https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

2. I am a german user and I am rather surprised that you do share same videos under the german language only in english

I am in charge for the teachers forum and the suggested video for the first lesson is only in english availible. Also same videos for genealogie are under the android system in german under the windows system in english only. Also I can not download the videos under windows but under android. Is there a solution???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion + closed as duplicate.

Content is provided by the content team, not by our volunteer team of app developers. Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x uses a slightly older content source that was shared with Android up until just a few weeks ago.

The new version of Gospel Library for Windows, currently in open beta, shares its content with the current version of the app on iOS and Android. You can learn more about the beta here:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Multimedia downloads is a planned feature and is already listed here on UserVoice:

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236193-general/suggestions/9455778-multimedia-management

3. perfecting the saints, scripture of the day to lockscreen

Make a feature where the app can make one scripture or section of the insign posted to the lock screen a day. Something so simple would catch the eye of a member and drag him into the app ☺

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sharing the gospel!!!!!

We are advised by the prophet to share the gospel with others. Its very important that our app has a more user friendly way of sharing the gospel. Many times I read articles in the insign and scriptures that I know would apply to coworkers or friends in struggling situations but our app does not have a share button. There is also no way to refer a potential investigator to the missionaries. There should be a section in the app fully dedicated to sharing the gospel. We should be able to refer a name and address to the missionaries along…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share already exists in the current release version of the app (v2) and will be returning soon in the beta. Select text you’d like to share, press the hint bubble, then choose the “Share” button at the top-left of the radial menu.

In the new app (Windows 10 UWP), you’ll be able to share using the Context Menu—select your text, press the hint bubble, then “More”, then “Share”. You’ll also be able to share full chapters via the Share option in the More menu located in the Home ribbon.

Referring investigators to missionaries is best left to Mormon.org:

https://www.mormon.org/missionaries

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share already exists in the current release version of the app (v2) and will be returning soon in the beta. Select text you’d like to share, press the hint bubble, then choose the “Share” button at the top-left of the radial menu.

In the new app (Windows 10 UWP), you’ll be able to share using the Context Menu—select your text, press the hint bubble, then “More”, then “Share”. You’ll also be able to share full chapters via the Share option in the More menu located in the Home ribbon.

6. Highlighting/Underlining Across Languages

I would like to see highlighting/underlining that I make in one language appear when I switch to the same passage in another language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please include the sheet music in spanish/english windows phone version

Include sheet music like in the hymn book in The windows 10 phone version of gospel library. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. picture attachment

i would like to be able to take a picture of a hand out and attach to a passage or chapter

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. include audio options that are already on tablet versions

audio for Windows which is already available on Android tablet for Teachings of the Prophets

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gospel Library for Windows already includes audio support for content that includes audio in both the current production version of the app (version 2.x) and the beta (version 3.x). In my own testing, Teachings of the Presidents manuals were available to play in both.

10. Add a unique scripture viewing mode for deeper spiritual understanding

An amazing feature that should seriously be considered is a single scripture viewing mode, where the user is able to see one verse appear at a time, rephrase the verse in their own words, have their input saved, and the verse swiped upwards and a new verse appear. Once the chapter is completed, the user's verse summaries are compiled and accessible anytime the user would like to refresh their memory on what they understood occurred within a completed chapter. This may encourage scripture reading, changing it from a daunting task to a rather fun and insightful experience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Scrolling

An auto-scrolling feature would be awesome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content, and this feature would require content-level support. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. delete all bookmarks with one click

either by putting a check mark in just several old bookmarks, or with one click to delete all bookmarks. this is just like emails, you can select one or two emails to be deleted or one click and delete all your emails. i had so many bookmarks, so it took so long.... way too long to delete every bookmark i had.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Post scriptures to start

You can already pin websites or other App data to start. Why not scripture references, notes and everything else?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Piano Accompaniment

Offer the hymns with just a piano accompaniment. I suppose this would be a great amount of work, but I would think there are others out there that can't attend church because of the noise. I have seizures. The high pitch of sounds like the violin, soprano, etc, is a trigger. But I do so love the hymns. I cannot find anywhere the basic, complete hymns, just so I can pick one or two out on a Sabbath Day and use those for my worship at home.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All content, including available audio, is generated and controlled by the Church’s internal content team. We have no control over this as volunteer developers. Any change here will have to come from the Church’s content team, not us.

If, in the future, the new audio becomes available, the app will support it. Indeed, the upcoming Windows 10 app (version 4) already supports multiple audio streams for a planned audio feature from the content team that would grant users both a male and a female voice to read the scriptures.

17. Provide instructions on how to link scriptures, write in notebook, tag things.

Instruct how to link, tag, use notebook. Some of the features in the ipad version. I like the notes right in the scriptures instead of on the side.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update Sunday School lessons

The lessons are not getting updated as the lessons online are updated with newer talks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All content, including section names, is generated and controlled by the Church’s internal content team. We have no control over this as volunteer developers. Any change here will have to come from the Church’s content team, not us.

19. Add print function. I would like to print our sections of lessons for handout in classes I teach. There is no print feature & no ctr P.

Need to print out sections of lessons to hand out in class. Where is the print function? Also, ctrl P does not give me a print function.

I print function is available and I am not seeing it, please tell me where to find the print function.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put the Notes in Library

I like in the Android version you can access the notes from the library. How come on the windows version you can't. I use the notes a lot write answers to the questions from the study guided. It would be nice to be able to add new notes just as easy on the Windows version as the Android.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General