Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. I dont know how I can listen to the scriputres .

I dont know how I can listen to the scriptures on the laptop .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion.

Legacy App (Version 2.x)
    Open the media bar using the play button on the bottom-left side of the screen, then select the chapter when the popup appears. It will begin playing.

Gospel Library for Windows 10 (BETA version 3.x)
    Open the media ribbon (at the top of the screen), then press play. If you have already started playing another chapter, you’ll need to click the Musical notes (Select Audio button) to change the chapter to the current page.

2. Highlighting text -

it would be very helpful if instead of one highlight color going on top of another highlight that it replaced it. It is still nice to underline as well as highlight, but if you underline or highlight that it allows only one color each.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save pens, highlighters, squiggles on right margin with useful icons

We would really appreciate having little pen icons going down the right edge. However, to really make them effective at expediting our note-taking process, please add variety to the shortcut icon. For example, rather than have both a thick and thin ink pen simply appear as a purple pen icon on the right column, please use some visual representation of thickness or - ideally - some numeric font size value (0.5, 0.7, 1.0 etc) in culmination with a pen specific icon.
    This method will allow users the ability to easily access AND RECOGNIZE those saved pens, highlighters, underlines and squiggles.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Limitations of the LDS.org Annotations Web Service make adding anything beyond the ten colors of highlights and underlining impossible. Further, as we don’t control it, we couldn’t even try to change it, even if we really, really wanted to. Major changes to the app regarding HOW one highlights have already been made (the new context menu and the Annotate ribbon) and are available in the beta version of the app for Windows 10, about which you can learn more at the link below:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

4. Please make an easily accessible print function for the lesson. Internet is not always accessible or allowed.

Please make an easily accessible print function for the lesson. Internet is not always accessible or allowed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select a second language to fill gap.

I miss basic information in the gospel app like for eg the Dutch Bible or sunday school manual. It would be great if it was possible to select a second language in order to make a link work within the app or display sunday school manual without having to change your language. So if you are reading a dutch BoM and you have a reference link to a Bible scripture it will use your selected secundary language (in my case English) because the Bible is not available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it more complete

make the PILOT "Come Follow Me" manuals for Sunday School and Primary, and home, available to those in the test stakes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature request.

As developers of the application, we’re not the ones who generate the content for the content sources. The content team has yet to update the content source that Gospel Library for Windows version 2.x (and Gospel Library for Android version 3.x) uses. We don’t know when the content team plans to update this older content source. The best solution we can provide for you at this time is to download and install the Windows 10 beta version of the app, as the beta uses a newer content source shared with Gospel Library version 4 for iOS and Android, meaning the new magazines are already available.

You can learn more about the beta here:

8. not release beta versions

So I went to my computer (Win 10) thinking Gospel Library is up-to-date.No notebooks there. One recommended idea from tech was - keep old version to get information not available in beta version. Who keeps an old version of an app?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Beta versions are stepping stones to full release. Beta testing allows us to catch major bugs before the app overwrites everyone’s old application and helps prevent many possible problems, like people potentially losing annotations, the app never working for some users, or people not being able to log in.

Obviously, you’re upset that the non-beta version of the app doesn’t have support for notebooks yet. Ironically, the beta version does have support and is on the verge of public release—we have only to find and fix a couple more of the most pressing bugs before it will be released as Gospel Library version 4 on Windows 10.

As for the “recommended” idea from tech (LDS Tech, the website?) to keep the old version around once you’ve downloaded the beta? It’s useless. Completely and totally. The beta has content the non-beta app does not. Not the other way around.

You…

9. add page numbers to the Teachings of Gordon B Hinckley manual

The noted manual does not have page numbers like the others do. Please add them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As developers of the application, we’re not the ones who generate the content for the content sources that the Gospel Library applications use. As such, we don’t have any control over what content is available or what content has page numbers.

As Gospel Library for Windows and Gospel Library for Windows 10 already support page numbers, if and when those behind the content at the Church update the manual to include page numbers, the app will have them automatically.

10. allow highlighting in the topical guide

The ios version of the app you can highlight the text I the topical guide. I would like to do the same I the windows version of the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as declined because there’s nothing we can do for version 2 of the app. The annotations web service only supports what it supports for annotations. HOWEVER, the upcoming version of Gospel Library for Windows 10 uses a different content source, shared with Gospel Library 4 on iOS and Android, that is mapped in such a way that the web service CAN handle it. The new version is currently in public beta. You can read more about it at the link below:

11. Redesign the app

Redesign the app to be more useful and similar in UI/UX with the android and ios apps. This app is very hard to use and kind of slow, something that is more familiar would be nice. Also, the ability to sync tabs, not just annotations, across all devices. It's hard to open the different Gospel Library apps and have to remember where I was on a different device. The ability to rename tabs as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new version of the app is already in production and is available in open beta. It moves more in the direction of iOS and Android, offering many features the current non-beta version does not, but still retains a number of distinct interface elements and interactions as the app also has to work well for keyboard and mouse users, not just touch. You can learn more about the beta here:

Tab syncing is already listed here as a feature request:

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236193-general/suggestions/9499653-sync-tabs-between-devices

We will not be adding tab renaming to the app. Why will be abundantly clear once you have used the new version of the app.

12. Recent feature

Would love the recent feature in the notebooks like on iphone. Great to find what I just highlighted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to allow repositioning of notes within an article.

This would allow a followup, unrelated, note be positioned in sequence without the need to copy and paste earlier notations into newly added note boxes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As volunteer app developers, we develop the application on Windows, and not the content. Any new content will need to be generated by the Church’s content team and then provided to the Gospel Library applications and LDS.org.

15. make it possible to specify font size that is copied when I copy text from LDS Library & paste to Word document.

I prepare my lesson in a Microsoft Word document, and I copy certain portions of the lesson from LDS Library into my Word document. I now must change the font size after each time I paste to my document. It would be helpful to specify the text size when it is copied. I am older and need a larger text size to refer to when presenting my lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Synchronize notes in PC, cellphone, and tablet.

Oops. I thought the title was the description space allowed. In more detail, I am hoping for synchronization between the PC app and the apps in the cell phone and tablet--like already exists in those two. I can see notes I have made to scriptures and magazine articles in both wireless units. It would be great if I could see them in the PC, which app I LOVE because of the speed of the keyboard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Read along with audio sync issues : enlarged font size cannot keep up with playhead

It would be nice to have the text being read out centred on my display. Currently, the playhead is out of sync with the read along feature when the font size is enlarged.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please, please, please include the 2017 self-reliance manuals of US and Canada in Gospel Library for Windows

Please, please, please include the 2017 self-reliance manuals of US and Canada in Gospel Library for Windows. Thank you for all the hard work that is put into this app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As volunteer app developers, we develop the application on Windows, and not the content. Any new content must be generated by the Church’s content team and then provided to the Gospel Library applications and LDS.org.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base