Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Add forward arrow for screen navigation to advance to next page/chapter

Add forward > to advance screen to next page/chapter for advancing to pages not yet read or viewed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Forward history arrow functions like that of a web browser by design. Attempting to augment that would break navigation. The arrow key on the keyboard (right arrow) already navigates to the next available chapter.

2. I

It would be nice if you could put it all on a thumb drive, everytime I have windows 10 and everytime I have to redo my computer I lose everything I've written or highlighted...Please make it available for the thumb drive..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Windows already features this technology, baked in (you are able to install apps to other drives). Further, you are able to sync all of your annotations to your LDS Account, negating the need anyway.

After reinstalling, you would only need to sign into the same LDS Account, and your annotations would be downloaded.

3. Reference links in night mode are very hard to read/non-accessible

Change the default color so that links in the reference windows are easier to read in night mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Translation in more languages (Romanian)

I wish there was as much material in other languages as there is in English, especially for the missionary section. This would help missionaries, as well as members who want to share the gospel with friends and family abroad! I was surprised that I could not find the missionary lessons in Romanian. I would like to teach my mother because there are no missionaries in her area. I'm looking forward to seeing more material available in the future. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A new area in the Gospel Library for Sacrement Service

I would love to see an area specifically for Sacrament Service. I would use this area to make notes about talks and feelings and sometimes link them them to scriptures. Many times, I remember something and know that I learned it in Sacrament, but can't find it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a place for General Conference preparation and note taking during conference talks.

I would like to keep track of the questions I take with me to Conference that I'm looking for help on. I would like to be able to look back and see the many answers received and things learned during conference, as well as the things the Spirit tells me during conference that can be forgotten in the rush after conference.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When ideas are declined

Provide links to where new ideas should be posted for other groups to consider. For example an idea was declined because another group would have to implement it. Please a link to where the idea should be submitted so the right group gets the feature request.

Also, please give a link in the case of a duplicate request

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature suggestion.

This UserVoice is for feature suggestions for Gospel Library for Windows. When a duplicate request is closed, the name of the duplicate feature is given as it is typically one of the top ten requests already listed on the UserVoice page. The name of the feature can be easily used to find and upvote the feature, adding any comments as necessary.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A new area in the Gospel Library for Sacrement Service

This idea was declined as a duplicate the Notes Feature. I don't think the PM understood what was being requested. The Notes Feature requires the user to be in a content item to add a note. This request would like to be in a newly-create area with "no" content. for example: Create a new collection called "Sacrament Service". The collection is empty. Add the ability to add a note there independent of content.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As before, closed as duplicate of Journal Entries feature request.

Journal entries are essentially notes without the need for a specific location attached to them, and your previous, duplicate suggestion was closed for this same reason.

10. make a windows 10 uwp gospel library app

I would love a universial windows app for windows 10 mobile and pc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hotkeys.

I use a desktop PC without a touch screen, and the UI for highlighting verses does not feel intuitive or efficient with a keyboard and mouse. I'm sure it would be great with a touch screen device, but many of us still love classic input devices.

Having simple hotkeys to do tasks like highlight verses and add notes would be glorious. Even better would be if we could customize these keys. I'd have a mindplosion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed as duplicate. As noted elsewhere, the radial menu is already going away in a future version of the app.

If you’d like to re-submit a suggestion as just adding hotkeys for annotations and highlights, feel free to do so.

12. insert Links to other scriptures, talks and articles

The Android app allows you to insert a link into a comment. This is an invaluable capability because I can link scriptures to talks that expand on the topic. PLEASE ADD THIS CAPABILITY!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to do more than one task at a time when highlighting or commenting

As soon as I highlight a section, the options disc disappears, but I generally want to do more than one task. Leave the disc open so that I can higlight, then comment and then share without having to open the disc for every action. I will close the disc when I'm done.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot find a complete paragragh to place a bookmark.

Cannot find a complete paragragh to place a bookmark

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Numbered list in "Hymns for the kids"

I've seen in the Hymn section, in Spanish, that the list of songs for kids it's unnumbered. Could you number it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

16. Make videos downloadable within the app like the apple version so video playback can be done without wifi.

Apple version allows video to be downloaded in the app and then played back while not connected to wifi. Does this exist with the Windows version? Am I just missing something? It's very possible I'm just incapable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was wondering other Reference like Jesus the Christ by Talmage

I would like to use the books by Talmage for a talk. To deep how about one from Pres Monson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While if it were in our power, we’d love to make this possible, we develop the application, not the content. The content is handled by an entirely different group of people. They provide the content for the apps, we can only make available what they make available.

18. faded highlighting from linked scriptuer not very usefull

it is really annoying how the highlighting fades away when I select a link from a manual to scriptures. Maybe because i am color blind but i can not see the highlighting very well after it fades away. I find my self clicking back and selecting the link again just to find the scriptures it was linked to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a feature request.

There is a bug in the non-beta version of the app that causes the fade to overfade. Try downloading the beta version to see if the fade is sufficiently visible as the non-beta app will be updated with that fix soon after some internal testing.

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an unfortunate limitation in the content. The content must support highlights for our app to allow them as we sync with LDS.org.

As we don’t control the content, there is nothing we can do to fix this. The content will have to be updated by the content team for this to happen.

20. Enable users to store library on a drive other than the default system drive

Both my mobile device as well as my windows tablet are of the budget size... meaning that the default system storage are quite small. I do have, however, large removable expansion storage. When I download and install the Gospel library I pretty much fill up my default system storage... It would be wonderful to be able to specify an external drive to be used for the Gospel library

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not planned, as users can already use Windows Phone/Mobile to transfer an app and its data to an SD card, and an identical feature is coming to Windows tablets, laptops, and desktops in the upcoming Anniversary Update.

(W10M) http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/windows-10-mobile-how-to-install-move-apps-to-sd-card/
    (W10)
    Coming in the Anniversary Update.
    (WP8.1)
    http://www.windowscentral.com/move-apps-or-games-sd-card-windows-phone-81
    (W8.1)
    Feature not supported.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base