Skip to content

General

120 results found

1. allow us to create customization shortcuts.

For example, I like to highlight a verse and make a note as to why I highlighted it or what it meant to me. I have to now highlight, right click, go to marked notes and then I get to the screen. It would be great to have a shortcut to highlight and make a note all in one. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The language indicator of each tab should remain as chosen by the user

Currently, when you switch from one tab to another, the language indicator remains in the language of the tab you were watching, instead of changing to the language which had been manually chosen for the new tab that you are beginning to see.

With the android app, each tab always remains in the language which was chosen by the user, and it should be the same with this app, otherwise, as it is now, it´s not possible or at least not comfortable to study in different languages, because it causes some or all the tabs to close, and it becomes…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow links in scripture to be more symmetric - allow links to have notes at either end

When I create a link, I can do so from within a note or tag which has text regarding any context or desired user content. The scripture that I link to, however, just gets a simple hyperlink that is separate from any existing notes or highlights. If I wanted the "linked to" scripture to also be included in a note, I can't. The best I can do is to create a new note/tag on that end, which will be structurally separate from the link. There is no way to have the link tied to notes/tags on both ends. That would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make a "surprise me" study option

Have a button or tab that would take you to a random general conference talk, to remind you of old favorites, or find something you missed when it first came out.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to filter Notebook content by tags

I've gone from using tags (A LOT) to Notebooks for major subjects. Within the Notebook itself, I'd like to filter the content by tags that were included with the scripture verses (or other content) associated with that Notebook selection; or, at least allow the ability to search the notebook by tag names.

EXAMPLE
    1. Go to Mosiah 3:19.
    2. Highlight verse 19 and click on the round selection "button", which appears at the bottom of the highlight.
    3. Select "Tag"
    4. Add a few tags (i.e., "Natural Man", "Atonement - Enabling Power", "Atonement - Cleansing Power", etc).
    5. Add a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using the Dark theme, increase the contrast of headings within chapters for Come Follow Me - Individual and Families

I wish this Suggestions reporting tool had the ability to add screenshots for clarity, but I'll try to describe it.

1. Open, Come Follow Me - Individuals and Families.

2. Open the chapter, May 4 - 10. Mosiah 11 - 17: A Light... That Can Never Be Darkened".

3. Under the chapter's picture, it lists the week's dates for the chapter (May 4 - 10). Below that is the reading assignment in the Book of Mormon corresponding with the manual's chapter (Mosiah 11 - 17).

4. Below the reading assignment (Mosiah 11 - 17), there is some verbiage that almost completely cannot be seen…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the option to skip the headings and go directly to the text.

When listening to a scripture offer the option to skip the headings and go directly to the text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Put JST verses under King James verses

I would like to see the JST verses beneath the regular King James verses governed by a toggle of some sort in settings. Perhaps the JST verses could be set apart by color or font or formatting. I like having the JST as a link but not all are linked and the differences aren't necessarily easy to understand.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Choose between showing created date and updated date on notes and journal entries

When i am taking notes in sacrament meeting i some times review those notes and update them through out the week. The down side to this is when i update the note I can no longer see the original created date of the note so i am forced to name the note with a date of when i originally created it.

a similar request was closed marked as completed, but now all we get is update date instead of created date. It would be nice if we could toggle a created date on/off so i didn't have to put the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recent updates to the annotations service provide the fields necessary to attempt to display both a created date and a last edited date. We still need to implement many of the other features of the new annotation service to give us access to the fields. So we are now reviewing how we might provide you access to that.

10. Memorization Flash Cards

The ability to select a verse or paragraph and add it to a memorization bank. Then there would be a "memorize" section in the app that creates a flash card from the verses or paragraphs you have selected so you can easily study and memorize scriptures for future use in times of need.

I'm sure youth and children would enjoy this feature as well as they could use it to help memorize articles of faith in primary or scripture mastery in seminary.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto save notes

As a user types notes to prevent loss in the case of battery failure auto save the notes. You could use simple debounce logic and if the user pauses for a brief moment save (like 3-5 sec). If a user is able to continuously type for prolong periods of time save after a longer period to prevent sluggish choppy behavior.

Time to wait really depends how long it takes to do the save. if save is so fast it doesn't actually interfere with user experience you can just save every so often like very 5-10 sec.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add multiple links to Journal Entries

I read a similar suggestion, that said this was completed, but I have still only been able to add 1 link to a Journal Entry from my ios app, and I can not get it to work at all from my windows app. When planning AT HOME church, it would be especially helpful if I could EASILY link any content from the gospel library, scriptures, hghlights from come follow me lessons, conference talks, magazines etc. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Resizing notes

If I select several verses and add a note but don't highlight the verses, I should be able to resize that note.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag Groups

By grouping Tags I could place Tags with a common theme together. For example Atonement, Godhead, etc. This would also double as creating scripture chains. And greatly simplify the list of Tags. I love Tags !!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. non-verse version of text

One of the options is to view the text with or without the highlights or the superscripts… It would be nice to have another option similar to those where it can switch between the verse view or paragraph view (like pre-verse). I have a paper version of the book of mormon like that and it is good to read it like that sometimes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. prompt immediately to the note body.

When I go to make a note from the scriptural text, the cursor goes to the "title" window of the note. I would suggest that you make it so the cursor lands directly in the body of the note. That is how it works on my iOS on my phone app. Thank you for considering this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Print, download, export, and backup for notes, notebooks, and annotations

While we cannot speak for others, the lack of an export feature has been a major barrier to our adoption of the Gospel Library application as the main tool for our gospel study, especially of the scriptures.

Many consider their collection of personal notes a treasure of gospel study discoveries and personal insights. The ability to independently export or download, backup, print, read, edit, and use their own personal cross-referenced library of notes, as an independent document, would be an incredible addition to the Gospel Library application on all platforms.

Such features addressing versatility and security, common to so many…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Consistent font size for all text

Font size for footnotes should be consistent with the text size on the reading screen. Currently, when a footnote is selected (not using pop-up mode), the text size is dramatically smaller.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow printing of individual verses (for use in preparing talks).

Allow printing of individual verses for use in preparing talks. Highlight the verse or verses you want to print, then print them. Even better, allow printing and/or copying of highlighted sections of scriptures or talks and copying of highlighted material to Word.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow jump to page

Jump to page number in scriptures or other static content. It would be nice to be able to jump to a page number in the gospel library. If this is a feature it’s hard to find how to do it. There are times when someone if referring to a page number (specifically in the Leader handbooks) and being able to jump to that page would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?