Skip to content

General

286 results found

1. Allow adding of notebooks to the Collections so can view and edit notes for that collection.

Being able to add notes to a specific notebook and then view those notes in a Collection would be extremely useful as a teacher where I could group my notes together by topic for example. Would also be great to be able to view and manage the notebooks similar to the way you can on the Android app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As app developers, we don’t have control over what can and cannot be annotated. This is dependent on the content supporting it. We do not control the content and, as such, cannot do anything about unannotatable content.

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sync my downloads between preferred languages

would it be possible to ask the user for preferred languages and download the same content for both languages simultaneously so we don't have to keep downloading the same contents twice, or so. I find it frustrating to have to download the same content twice and having to switch between languages and then being sent to the home page and then having to go through the same process again. its not that I won't but this suggestion would make it a lot easier and quicker. thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several reasons a feature like this isn’t likely to be implemented.

1. Not every user who downloads content in multiple languages wants everything they’ve downloaded in one language to be available in every other language they use content in. For example, I might download the Spanish scriptures to keep up on my language skills that way, but I’m not going to be reading the First Presidency Message in Spanish, nor will I be looking at fifty different Ensigns for a talk in English only to turn around and want them again in Spanish (one, they don’t exist, but two, I don’t need them in Spanish).

2. The content that is available differs between languages. Something you’ve downloaded in one language may simply not be available in another.

3. Download All is coming in the new, Windows 10 version of the app, as is Download Section. As a result,…

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While you cannot CUT and paste a chapter, it is already possible to COPY and paste one. Simply select the text you wish to copy—however much that is, then open the radial menu when it appears as the … bubble. From there, choose the copy option. You will now be able to paste it wherever you like, email, Word, OneNote, etc.

7. Provide Linking ability in the Windows 10 version like in the IOS version would be wonderful

Provide Linking ability in the Windows 10 version like in the IOS version would be wonderful

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Reference tab gets in the way

When viewing material, I like to be able to view what I am currently reading and the references at the same time. However, when I open the reference tab it gets in the way of the text. It would be nice if you could resize it so it does not get in the way of text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On tablet, laptop, and desktop: Pin it open with the pin icon at the top-right of the References pane.

On phone: This is not going to happen for the 8.1 release of the app. We are going in a different direction for the W10 version.

9. I suggest that you add “Font Color”.

I suggest that you add “Font Color” to the section where we can choose to underline and highlight.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has to be supported by the annotations web service and by LDS.org for us to implement anything of this sort, unfortunately, as these annotations would not sync across to other devices or platforms.

10. Teaching from Lesson Manuals subheadings/bulleted content

Since we're being encouraged to use digital formats instead of print material, it would be helpful to have the ability to mark all text in Windows. In the BoM Gospel Doctrine Manual (Sunday School) I can't highlight underline or make notes in the bulleted areas of the lesson. It makes keeping track of notes while teaching a lesson easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As app developers, we don’t have control over what can and cannot be annotated. This is dependent on the content supporting it. We do not control the content and, as such, cannot do anything about unannotatable content.

11. Multiple windows, like on Android version

Have the ability to switch between "windows" as we are able to do in the android app ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. highlight portion of verse or paragraph, instead the entire section. Sometimes i want just a word, not the whole verse/paragraph.

I would like to be able to highlight just a section (words, or sentences) instead of a whole verse or paragraph.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. music playback

I would love to be able to play the music from the Children's Songbook, not just the Hymn book.
    There is a play icon for the songs in the Hymn book, but not the Children's SongBook.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put the scripture notes you added as a selection on the bottom of the screen.

If you could toggle through the notes you added like on the bookmarks then tap the one you want and it would automatically send you straight to the scripture connected to the note. This round make it easier as a seminary student for scripture masteries. Thanks :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The context menu is odd, can we just have a simple list one like on every other app?

I've never even seen anything use a pie menu for anything besides color selection, and when it's actually useful like with the highlighter it shouldn't hide half the options...

I'd prefer to have a rectangular dropdown list like other apps. For the color picker though, perhaps a grid of square color samples would be better. Like what Google Drives uses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Roll out updates at days other than Sunday

It seems like updates are almost always rolled out on Sunday morning. This may be perceived more than anything, but seems like when I sit down in Sunday school, it takes a really long time to open and when it finally does, it has a change log up indicating it was just updated.

The number of people using the app (along with the stress of doing so) peaks Sunday morning, so updating Monday or even Sunday afternoon would make more sense to prevent user frustration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of our updates roll out on Saturday afternoon, as can be observed by the change logs. We have released some updates on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but a Sunday update has not happened in a very, very long time—these only occurred when certification was delayed on Microsoft’s end as part of our update submissions to the Windows Store.

Using (or at least opening) the app more frequently on the device you intend to use on Sunday should help to ensure that your app is updated when Sunday comes. You can also always manually check for updates in the Windows Store.

17. Comments button on the home page

I would love to see part of the home menu that would let me look at or search my comments I have put wile studying in the library.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this feature request because the Annotations Pane, currently in an early form in the beta, fulfills this request. It will become more advanced and fully-featured as the beta progresses and will make the release version of the app when it is completed.

18. side by side languages --Audio and Visual!

I'm a pathway student, and there are several Spanish speaking student who struggle with the English scriptures. It would be amazing if LDS.org had there online scriptures in a side-by-side format --- like http://www.scripturessidebyside.org --- except with more languages and less bugs!

It would also be amazing to have the audio scripture verses side by side. Meaning 1 verse read in chosen language --- say Spanish, and then the same verse read in English. It would be a monumental scripture experience to not only help the missionaries learning new languages, but also those of us, who wish to improve upon…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of scrolling with the "read along"- how about highlight movmennt option.....

I can't pinpoint why, but I don't love the read along feature. It seems choppy or something-- but it may just be the letters moving across the page. MY POINT is that I'd like it to be a scroll option, or a highlight read along option- where user can decide the actions taken.

Maybe the user could set perimeters they want to have it do a quick scroll, and then once the highlight reaches the bottom, it quickly takes the next line and jumps it to the top, and continues scrolling.

I guess simply put-- because I'm good at that!…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already planned and is the ultimate goal with the read along feature. For now, read along attempts to estimate the scroll position based on the length of the media file and the percentage of scroll in the reading.

Because this feature will require enormous quantities of files with information about where paragraphs or verses start and end, the more precise version of this feature has been put on hold in favor of more pressing features.

20. Windows App search highlights wrong text on phone

Not sure where to post this so please direct me elsewhere if I'm in the wrong place. For starters, FANTASTIC job with the windows app that I use on my Nokia Icon Windows phone! However, I noticed that she I search, it highlights the wrong text in the results when I click into them. For example, if I search for "to the souls" and then click into D&C 20, as I scroll down to the verse, it highlights the first few words of the verse. This is very minor, but I thought you might want to know. I am available…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?